CS-closed GT Challenge Season 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oleksandr Borodai

Oleksandr Borodai Registered

Can someone give me in-depth info about grip system in rF2. Any way to check grip level on the track via in-game HUD or some addons? How many laps has to be done to gain optimum grip level?
    It's obvious that just after joining the server you can try to make a really good lap, but times would be far from good. After some laps done, you can even make some mistakes and still be much faster than it was just after server join. And the question is how many laps has to be done, to get the best grip?
    Also I spotted some other strange thing about grip or wind, or idk... After some grip was built up, you can make mistakes at corner exit and loose time at first part of the straight (it's obvious), but then just start to GAIN time at the second part of the straight... WTF? After some more laps done situation happened vice versa. I've made damn good corner exit and quickly gained some time at first part of wellington straight, but in second part of it my delta switched from gaining time to loosing it.

Seems I'am missing something about grip\tyres\conditions in rF2 fundamentally. It's not the first qually where fastest guys are SO MUCH faster than overall mass of people. And looking their onboards doesn't open eyes to winning lines, braking points, cuts, etc. Even foot work with brake\gas is mostly on\off.

2. The grip level is static in Q, so you can do 1000 laps and its the same.

Alejandro Diaz Reina likes this.
  3. Timotej Andonovski

Timotej Andonovski Registered

Grip is static in hotlapping comps.
    Wind, afaik, doesn't have an impact as of yet.
    Every GT3 car in existence in most games is on/off on the pedal inputs. That's the magic of TC/ABS. But you still need to trailbrake into some corners and be easy on the throttle.
    The fastest guys aren't even doing this hotlap comp as they are in GT Pro already.
    If you feel any changes to grip, it's a placebo.
    I'd advise you to take a rest after 10 hot laps. Gather yourself for about 15-30 minutes and try again. A 1000 laps in a row does you more harm than good.

Edit: pls don't ask for a shadowplay

4. Timotej Andonovski

@Jimmi Allison where is the cut of point for the splits, mainly split one? Top 20? Top 30?

5. Oleksandr Borodai

Oleksandr Borodai Registered

I know that mate. For me it's the same. A lot of hotlaping makes it even worth.

Lol... Delta bar shows just opposite ))) Still I was missing that info to find missing time in some other "corner"...

6. Paweł Andrzejewski

Paweł Andrzejewski Registered

@Jimmi Allison has the track version changed overnight? Yesterday I was doing hotlaps on the old version of Silverstone. Today I got the modern one. Moreover, my logs also state I was racing on different versions, 1.86 yesterday, 2.10 a few minutes ago.

7. Its been 2.10 for a while now so no it have not changed.

8. Split 1? thats 30 - but if you are participating remember to get your name changed here on the forum. But it all depends on some drivers, cuts and if they went awol last season. These things are taken into consideration.
    So if you are for split 1, be in top 30.

9. Timotej Andonovski

It's Timotej, currently 3rd in the standings. Care to share how to change the name here? Cannot find a way for the life of me.

10. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

Hi,
    How can I find Christoffer Eliott? For name change, thanks.

11. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

where i can ask to change my forum name to my racing name? i sent msg to some random suport, but maybe its coder or trackside programmer? i need karlisss to Karlis Vitols

12. Juan Cofiño

Juan Cofiño Registered

Hi @cristopher can you change my name in the forum? Il_Kayser ----> Juan Cofiño

Thanks

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You haven't tagged him properly, and this could probably be done via private message (conversation). If you click on his name somewhere - and luckily he's created nearly every thread in the news and notifications section, so that's easy to do - you can start a conversation with him.

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  14. Unfortuantly I am not able to change your names here on this forum, so you need to send a message to Christopher Elliott

Karlis Vitols likes this.
  15. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered

You can check the level of realroad on the server objectively by saving the realroad and checking its file size.
    If you experience dramatically reduced grip shortly after joining, its because the realroad hasnt loaded yet (it can often continue loading once the message of it loading has dissapeared)

16. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

@Jimmi Allison The 25 participation points for split 4 are missing from the top post.

Deleted member 24698 likes this.
  17. Alejandro Diaz Reina

Alejandro Diaz Reina Registered

Hello, I've one question regarding the liveries submission

As is said on rules:

3.4 Liveries must be submitted using the series rules – this can either be in game or shared through filesharing option

Where and how we have to upload the liveries, and what specific format and files do you need?

Thank you!

18. Split 1-3 (currently counting etc so that might change) will be forced to run liveries, you can find the templates in the 2nd post. Once you have qualified you will recieve more information regarding submitting, as you wont be able to submit when you have no idea what your number will be.

19. Rifqy Afiyat

Rifqy Afiyat Registered

i can't choose cars, this always appears everytime i click race. any idea how to fix??

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.