G29 problems after unplugging

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by BlobbiBlob, Sep 25, 2020.

1. BlobbiBlob

BlobbiBlob Registered

Recent purchaser and fan of RF2. Have been playing for days without any issues, absolutely loving it. However, I unplugged my G29's USB while working in another OS, and now I have issues. Wheel is recognised by Logitech software and is fine. Wheel is also recognised in game and all indicators in "Controls" menu seem fine, inputs reflected faithfully in UI. However, when on track, behaviour of wheel is wrong. I have no steering in pitlane, then on track movement of wheel results in vastly inconsistent results. I can get around a corner but then my wheel may be 90 degrees lock and drive straight, forces on wheel don't properly correspond to physic- there is resistance when cornering but it is also inconsistent and lacks any detail. I've tried rebooting, unplugging-replugging controller, changing setting in Logitech HUB (locking/unlocking profile, closing software before opening game, etc) with no change in behaviour. Can someone please advise what steps I can take to remedy the situation?

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You might have auto-pitlane on. Also, try setting a reset ffb button in the game, I set mine to Q, then press that whenever you enter the car. You can also try backing up your player, and controller jsons(found in rFactor 2\UserData\player), then deleting the originals, and let the game generate new ones, and see if that fixes it.

3. BlobbiBlob

BlobbiBlob Registered

Ok, so I have discovered this was being caused by some setting having changed, for some reason steering rate in controls was very low (20?) and steering help in difficulty was "high". Changed these to 100 and off, and things are back to normal. Leaving original post in case anyone else has same issue.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Steering help was the issue. It's F1 so easy to accidentally hit it. I recommend unassigning it completely.

Steering rate is for digital controls (keys, buttons) and should have zero effect on your steering wheel.