CS-closed GT Challenge Season 2

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Sep 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Intro:
    It's back! Challenge yourself against other hopefulls in our GT3 Challenge series and move your way up into GT Pro.
    The challenge series will support multiple splits.
    Based on the hotlap qualifier, the remaining drivers that didn´t made it into the GT Pro Series yet, will be sorted into several splits with 30 drivers.
    While the Challenge Series has an overall ranking which determines who goes up to Pro Series or Relegation after the Season (which is 6 Rounds long), after every 2nd race we are looking at the points accumulated in just those 2 races to determine the promotion/demotion between grids. Means, if you are Top 5 of Grid 2 in terms of scoring in those 2 races, you will start in Grid 1 for the next races, if you are (as another example) bottom 5 of Grid one in terms of scoring in the last 2 races, you will start in Grid 2 in the next races. As you can see, the grids in Challenge are more fluent and with this we try to always match you with a great group to race. Promotion/Demotion between Grid 1 and Pro Series only happens once a season tho, after all rounds have been finished, based on Overall Points.

Required content:
    To participate in our season: All GT3 cars and tracks listed below. DLC store is here
    To participate in hotlap qualifier: Radical GT3 and Silverstone.

Splits:
    We will support several splits.

Broadcast:
    There will be a stream for our top split

Livery submission:
    As per rules, we require a custom made livery, the deadline is 14 October

Name vs nickname:
    We require every participants to use their real name in game, in our competition system and on our forum. We need to be able to recognize you. If you have a nickname and need to change it - contact our staff.

Season schedule:
    19 October: Sebring / Replays S1 / Replays S2 / Replays S3 / Replays S4 / Replays S5 / Replays S6 / Replays S7
    2 November: Portland / Replays S1 / Replays S2 / Replays S3 / Replays S4 / Replays S5 / Replays S6 / Replays S7
    16 November: VIR / Replays S1 / Replays S2 / Replays S3 / Replays S4 / Replays S5 / Replays S6 / Replays S7
    30 November: Nurburgring / Replays S1 / Replays S2 / Replays S3 / Replays S4 / Replays S5 / Replays S6 / Replays S7
    14 December: Indianapolis / Replays S1 / Replays S2 / Replays S3 / Replays S4 / Replays S5 / Replays S6 / Replays S7
    28 December: Spa / Replays S1 / Replays S2 / Replays S3 / Replays S4 / Replays S5 / Replays S6 / Replays S7

Race day details:
    Race length:
    15/45 minutes
    Pro Race day: every other Monday

Schedule:
    19:00 - Open practice
    20:00-20:15 - Qualifying
    20:15 - Race start sprint
    20:30 - Race ends (+ 1 lap)
    20:35 - Race start main

Rules:
    Code of conduct
    For this series we will use the following exceptions to the standard rulebook.
    Races will have:
    • Manually rolling start - first lap under pitlimiter - leader controls pace after last turn towards S/F and may go at any point.
    • Weather scripted on raceday (announced in a forum post)
    • Points system: (+ participation points)
      Sprint race: 20-18-16-14-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
      Main race: 35-30-28-27-26-25-24-23-22-21-20-19-18-17-16-15-14-13-12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    • Participation points: Split 1: 100 Split 2: 75 Split 3: 50, Split 4: 25
    • 3 warnings before cut track penalty (but game controls this, so you might get a penalty before if you cut hard)
    • Penalties will be added to race time on the actual race
    • You are allowed to move once to defend position, but NOT when entering braking zone.
    Protest here
    Standings, results, entry list and IRR

After the season
    Each driver gets points for each race, at the end of the season top 5 in the championship gets invited into the Pro Series for next season.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2020
  2. Updated rules
    - Avoidable contact will be changed to time penalty and penalties is applied to results of the race where it was made.
    - (blocking) Moving under braking rule will be updated.
    - Last round will not be excluded from drop round
    - You are allowed to use pitexit blend line when overtaking

Templates (link removed, submission closed)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2020
  3. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Carlos Eduardo Araujo Registered

Hi, I'm not able to register, just show Nurburgring Hotlaps as an available competition.

For other drivers, they are managing to register?

4. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

You have to look before when preQ starts, September 23, until tomorrow you will not get anything. read first!

5. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Carlos Eduardo Araujo Registered

Thank you for helping those just starting out. I won't make any more mistakes next time, I promise!

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  6. Andrés Asiáin

Andrés Asiáin Registered

As last season, i suppose that the PreQ has no fixed setup, right? Just like VIR last year

7. Rene Buttler

Rene Buttler Registered

Actually, this season has fixed setup for the PreQ, to enable everyone to have the same base going into this. Same car, same track, same setup (just for Q obviously!)

8. Andrés Asiáin

Andrés Asiáin Registered

Oh, thanks Rene! That has changed since last season!

Alejandro Diaz Reina likes this.
  9. Correct the session is not yet set up. It will become available later, i will post here when.

Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.
  10. Andrés Asiáin

Andrés Asiáin Registered

Ok! Are they gonna be 135 places like last year(45 D1 45 D2 and 45 D3?)

Thanks Jimmi and René!

11. Not decided. Lets see

Adrian Blasco likes this.
  12. Paul Holt

Paul Holt Registered

signup button doesn't work
    Or am i too early? :p

13. Correct too early. We need to review this in the morning, so its postponed until tomorrow. As soon as i get details and perhaps eta i will let you know. Sorry.

14. Paul Holt

Paul Holt Registered

Ah ok, no worries Jimmi ☺️

15. It's live now, there was an issue with a server (not dedicated, simply the one handling the sign up). Go :) Good luck everyone.

16. Alex Sanchez

Alex Sanchez Registered

Is it possible to change the account last name of the competition system when you are already registered?

17. Cameron Rodger

Cameron Rodger Registered

(as seen on previous hotlap qualifiers on Silverstone) can drivers cut over the old chicane in the last section to gain time. It was allowed before. I haven't opened the track yet to see if there is already prevention, just want to know what to expect

18. Paul Holt

Paul Holt Registered

I had the same question, it is explained in the rules

Cameron Rodger likes this.
  19. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

hello @Jimmi Allison , issue 1 and comment if you could change the name of the subscription that comes out in the times of the qualifications, my name in rfactor has always been Adrian Blasco and I put my other last name Adrian granero, it was said that it would look at to change the name but I still can't do it, some solution or it can't be changed. Thank you.

Alex Sanchez likes this.
  20. This should come as no surprice really
    upload_2020-9-24_18-31-32.png
    If people think this will give them an advantage - then let them, i will simply remove their laps after this. Dont ever think you can do this in a comp here, you might have had weak ruling in other series or even older series here. But not when i host things.

We still cant change anything in the comp system, as annoying as it is. Hopefully once the series is over we do do things in December.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.