Released Bentley Continental GT3 2020 Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Bentley Continental GT3 2020 Released

Absolutely anyone who already owns either the original Bentley or the GT3 Bundle will get this new machine and it’s various racing liveries at absolutely no additional cost!

Read the full article here:
    https://www.studio-397.com/2020/09/bentley-2020-release/

Purchase the car here:
    https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/2/
    [​IMG]
    If you don’t own any of the GT3 cars yet, you can also grab the full GT3 Bundle which includes all 12 cars HERE:
    [​IMG]
    https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1001/

2. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Any indication of when the Ferrari will join the gang?

SS

3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

not this week

4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Cars has feelings too. Imagine you were introduced to a party, and then girls would immediately ask when will that handsome italian bad boy arrive lol

5. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

This is a really cool thing, taking care of the old customers, thx guys.
    BTW, the car is a blast and the new pbr shaders for the cockpit looks fantastic like the Ferrari GTE and Radical SR3 XX.

6. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

My in depth detailed and highly technical review of the new Bentley... I fecking love it!

Mark Lloyd and lagg like this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

S397 Twitter said it's coming soon. releasing photos...that usually means..only a day or two more. Next week at the latest....

8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

[​IMG]

From the discords. I noticed on silverstone when going over some kerb, that the front end created lift and had that weird understeer. Now tried on nords, and it's actually the same problem as some others were reporting where when the track drops down, the front end actually goes up a bit before dropping down. This creates these wheelies, which makes this car unusable for any track which has kerb where you come off the ground, or tracks like nords where you get of the ground regardless.

This is pretty much the same as the Ferrari GTE problem

9. Stevy

Stevy Registered

It was alrady confirmed on Discord that it won't be released this week. So I think mid to end next week at best.

10. Mark Lloyd

Mark Lloyd Registered

You must be busy. I've been keeping an eye out for a video.

Paul McC likes this.
  11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It’s only me or this car quality in much inferior than the Ferrari GTE?

12. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

For me same quality, graphics, sounds, physics

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Yup, can confirm, i was able to generate a wheelie at Schwedenkreuz with a full fueled car and between Pflanzgarten II and Schwalbenschwanz, it seems, like the front end is also "hovering" a bit, but can't validate it totally yet.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  14. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Unfortunately have the same experience. They will, hopefully, fix this soon with an update.

15. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Why does S397 not aquire some enthusiastic sim driver (not necessarily the fastest one, however reliable ones, ready to spend hours for nothing to check general characteristics, and maybe even more if they are familiar to motec etc.) to get this things sorted out like this in advance? Give them here a little goodie, a "offical rf2 testdriver" icon for the forum or 2€ TShirt with that as logo, and they do good job for free, spending countless hours....
    Obviously the current test team is a total failure, in case it exist .. ?

Travis, Paul McC, SRGP and 6 others like this.
  16. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Not a bad idea, just create a team of Beta drivers.
    I wouldn’t need anything in return and would be more than willing. Can even test multiple steering wheels. There would be probably many other people willing.

Paul McC likes this.
  17. sg333

sg333 Registered

I wouldnt mind cars being released with some, small hidden bugs, but these are found within *minutes* of release.

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Stuff like this is exactly why I don't believe when they say "waiting for approvals". That, to me, translates into "we are in a hurry to put this in an acceptable state and release it asap"

19. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Perfection does not exist, even if S397 tries to come close to it, and errors are normal.

Don't be too hard on them.

However, bugs that could be qualified as important should not be resolved after 3 years.

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I wouldn't call this a bug. In my understanding bugs are some mistakes in software code. But I guess it makes no difference, same meaning anyway. I wonder how much of this is a mistake of physics, and how much of it is just wrong balance for default setup. Perhaps real car would do the same thing if aero downforce balance would be set too much rearwards. Which then with added more mechanical rearwards downforce from weight of fuel would pitch car backwards too mcuch if springs at rear are too soft. On the other hand,with lower rear rideheight car probably would loose optimum rake. I'd guess perhaps it doesn't happen with this car.

I would actually say that it is not more unrealistic that this car does a wheelie, that it is not flipping over when performing them. Just probably. I suppose the overly strong front height sensitivity mistkae that has happened before with Ferrari GTE made influence to take care not to have such "glitch" again. And thats why it doesn't flip over. But if aero car like that would perform stunt like that, it would be totaly reasonable to expect it to flip over, just like it happened for Jann Mardenborough with Nismo GT3.

P.S. Just looking at the side preview images of old Bentley vs new it can be seen, how much beefier the rear aero of new one is, while at the same time front splitter appearing to be shorter.