Drive Thru or Stop & Go penalty every time when pit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ferry Dutch, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Ferry Dutch

Ferry Dutch Registered

Hello,

Can somebody help me please.

Every time when I pit i get a drive thru or a stop & go penalty.
    My car is on the auto pit and speed limiter mode.

Can i read out or config some where what the max. speed is of the chosen track.
    It doesn't matter what i do, drive very slow or break before the light or just stop,...

It's very annoying and i want to get rid of it.

Can somebody what i got to do or can do about it.

Thank you

regards

Ferry

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

what track?" What car? follow an AI car to verify you are speeding up after the line and slowing down before the pit in line. I saw this at a modded track, I had to drive completely around the 1st turn before the game left me alone. Usually this is caused by a misplaced track component. Test again at a default S397 track, Silverstone, Nola, any of the DLC tracks, Atlanta MP (NOT Road Atlanta! & not BARBER) also use a default S397 car. Do this to eliminate the sim from the problem and hopefully identify a track caused issue.

JimmyT likes this.
  3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

+1 I agree with @davehenrie, try using default S397 car and track and see if you still get the same issue.

4. Ferry Dutch

Ferry Dutch Registered

Thanks for the reply

Ok, Ii tried two default cars and default track and now the issue is gone.
    What do i have to do to eliminate this issue permanently.

I'm was driving the Nissan GT500 GT-R #12 on Silverstone - GT Layout.

Is the Nissan no default car then?

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That Nissan is a default car and the Silverstone GT layout is good also. All I can guess is that you were hitting the gas too soon. If this happens at another track, let us know.

One bit of advice for everybody, when you have an issue with rF2, it's best to completely restart your system. A complete shutdown rather than just trying to load another track or even rebooting rF2. The sim creates a cache file and that is re-used when you next load a track. (provided you don't change cars) So to fully clear out a cache, you have to not only exit rF2, but exit windows as well. That will ensure if anything is getting reloaded from memory rather than a fresh copy from the boot process.