Stuttering and Lagging at Le Mans

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Sanchit Rathi, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Hello guys,

I have been playing at circuit de la sarthe with the 911rsr and I have been having trouble with stuttering and lagging. My car and player cars drive like in slow motion and stutter like crazy. My FPS is around 35 when I press ctrl F and see that. I have 35 AI cars with 10 cars visible. Every graphic setting lowest possible.

I dont understand why this is happening since I have played with the same car and similar amounts of AI on the same track with much higher graphics settings and I didnt have any such issues. Is anyone else facing these issues or has a solution or diagnostic of this?

Thanks in advance guys!

2. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

Driving in slow motion generally means your cpu is maxing out, you can check this by pressing ctrl c and check the purple bar. It should not be full, or close to full. Lowering the amount of AI will help with this issue since they are quite heavy on cpu.

3. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

@Kevin van Dooren thanks for the reply, the purple bar is indeed maxing out and it is at that point I see stuttering and experience the slow motion thing. If this is indeed the case, what could be the reason I am experiencing this now? I wasnt experiencing this before e.g I have 35 AI and getting the CPU maxing, before I had 55 AI and had no issues. would you happen to know why this is happening now?

Thanks for your help and for your time!

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Depending upon the cars, S397 has been upgrading graphics and also track graphics. The load is increasing, as more cars get the full PBR interior treatment(Ferrari GTE) and track updates. If your fps was 35, that is way too low. Even though you already have cut the number of AI cars, it looks like more cutting is in your future. rF2 is improving and that is placing larger burdens upon our systems.

5. Comante

Comante Registered

Check if other software are stealing CPU time.

6. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

@davehenrie Gotcha, that makes sense, its a bit of a shame that I wont be able to play the way I used to, but my system is aging and its positive that the game is improving. I think it'd be worthwhile to update the system requirements then in steam.

@Comante I dont believe so, I only have steam and RF2 open, checked my task manager not many other programs sapping CPU.

I believe then the only solution is to accept that I cant do anything about it or update my system.

Bit of a shame there is no other solution but thanks to all of you for your help, much appreciated :D

7. Comante

Comante Registered

What CPU do you have?

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I most heartily agree!!!!