Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, this is up to the makers of the mods to correct.

Elcid43 likes this.
  2. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Oh ok, I thought that because it did it with the included cars too it was something else. Thank you

3. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Dear Devs,
    I've wokeen up with an idea today. It would be nice to have track and car sorting options in the lists, like year (or years, era) of use/building/making, country of origin, etc. I can imagine a lot of sorting options.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    cvtele, Xzanman, Marisa and 2 others like this.
  4. Filip

Filip Registered

Does the content support such metadata?

5. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Dear Devs,
    please let the content support such metadata, if it doesn't support it. Thank you :)

Marisa, memoNo1 and Lazza like this.
  6. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

7. GameOne

GameOne Registered

How can I set the language to German

8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

As far as I know, there is only English

9. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Dear Devs,

UI idea: custom track and car groups defined by the user (e.g. Current F1 tracks, Kart tracks or My favourite cars, Open-wheel cars...)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    mixer61 likes this.
  10. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I spend quite a bit more time with the new UI and there are some points that I would like to see fixed/improved:
    • atm it's not possible to sort the content in the mod manager in every collumn, wich is especialy handy when you are manualy installing content and want to get the uninstalled stuff to the top of the list and it's not possile to delete packages as with the old mod manager
    • a search function in the mod manager would be great aswell
    • I don't know why this haven't been adressed yet, but I don't understand the structure of the main menu at all and the reasoning behind it. Why are there serveral race tabs and why do I have to click them when the easiest way would be to have a simple single player and a seperate multiplayer section in the starting screen, next to watch, community (this would get rid of the favorite server search issue) -> this should be really high up the priority list
    • why do I still have to get to the starting screen to exit the game -> this button needs to be in every section of the mainmenu in the upper right corner, maybe also add a minimize, or windowed mode button as it is common in most browsers
    • the new UI crashes when I invite steam friends to chat or to watch my broadcast, so the Alt-Tabbing-issue should be investigated when those actions are executed as it's certainly not stable
    • you have quite alot of commonly used and requested features that would fit nicely into the sessions setting (saftey car, safety car laps, safety car threshhold, yellow flags blueflags yes/no, blueflags yes/no, black flag yes/no, penalties, Nascar rules -> this would be really nice to have to expand on the rules stuff and get rid of some of the last stuff that people do in the json files)
    • the session settings when you have loaded into the garage menu are too hard to find. I have no idea what that dude on the button is trying to tell me and I found it by accident. Simply use a big fat "i" for informantion as it's commonly used pretty much everywhere around the world
    • atm the camera control to take screenshots is worse in the new UI than in the old one as I can't minimize the overlays or the mouse cursor -> add options for this please and add some tooltips with the the most common controls (last time I had to explain a friend how to use the camera and it should be more straight forward)
    • when you implement the competition system, for gods sake please implement a system that makes it easy to host a server from within the game and that packs the vmod and stuff in the background
    I am not sure if some of the stuff has been mentioned allready and if it is acknowledged, but I won't read 50 pages. That's all for now :)

11. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

I am guessing we're probably another year away from a stable version of the new UI. I can understand, its a ginormous task.

Emery likes this.
  12. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I hadn't noticed it before but is it possible that in the new UI I can't see how thick the brake discs are when I switch back from the track to the setup screen? In the old UI I can see how thick the brake discs are.

Rui Santos and Emery like this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Last roadmap indicated otherwise.

14. elbo

elbo Registered

I hope they were just joking when they said that we were close to having the new UI the only option....its generally a mess and in some specfic areas a step back from the original...even with a massive update its likely to fall short.

Akela_DE likes this.
  15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I agree the design could use improvement, and the version we have has some stability bugs. But they've mentioned in a couple of roadmaps that they've been fixing some of the bugs, and the best way to get focused and consistent feedback is to "make" everyone switch to it. It would also reduce bug reports relating to the current UI and confusion for those offering assistance as to which UI is being used.

It's also been said we'll be able to use the old UI via the betas option for a time, so for specific scenarios it can be used instead.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  16. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

glitch with new UI:
    if i want to connect to server and i dont haveve content, rF2 starts auto download wich is extreeme slow. Problem is i cant exit this auto download or go back or esc it... only way is to Ctr+Alt+Del - task manager and end rF2.

Emery likes this.
  17. Filip

Filip Registered

For me perfect one is AMS 2 UI.
    Intuitive, responsive and pretty.
    Most important thing being intuitive.
    First time I fired up that game I haven't clicked wrong button or found myself browsing through menus searching for some option. There is no learning curve to it. And anything can be done in a few seconds.

If somehow new rf2 UI could copy that design...

Dady Cairo and Emery like this.
  18. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Some of that metadata is available or can be inferred

RfactoryTracks.jpg

rFactoryCars2.jpg

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  19. ´goggo1peter

´goggo1peter Registered

Same at my installation

20. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Did you read the following posts? There i found the answer.