Import tracks to 3d max

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Normark, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Well you don't have to use it then ;)

2. TTM

TTM Registered

I mean that if you have done something for rFactor before, many things are still made same way now than then...

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I suggest you read up on dev guide docs and find out what new things have been added and features required for tracks now. Big change from rFactor 1.

4. TTM

TTM Registered

I know that shaders/materials are changed, but you need material editor to edit them, not 3ds max. Modelling object isn’t changed, only more polygons can be in the objects than rFactor days. But i don’t want to continue this subject anymore, because i don’t want to start any ”fight”.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

This is a discussion, not a fight. While the principles of track modelling in theory hasn't changed, you still have to put a lot more texture work into an rF2 track to support the various shaders (kerbs, real road, puddle maps etc) and weather. rF1 was very basic in comparison.

6. TTM

TTM Registered

Yes, rF2 is now more complex than any other racing game that you can mod. Results can be very awesome, if we know how things are done and what tools we need to archive best possible quality for tracks/cars.