[REL] Alpine Series rF2

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by klo-che, Sep 16, 2020.

1. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Another top quality mod by EnduRacers :cool:

2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just have to repeat that this is amazing.

"The behaviour of the cars taken the best from real data coming from Alpine, Signatech & Michelin, and from smart advices of Renault Sport & Alpine official drivers Laurent Hurgon and Pierre Sancinema."

I guess it is not going to be smart to assume that anything could happen to be incorrectly simulated. I have full trust for car. But tires are always a mystery. Seeing that Michelin is somehow related, is amazing, I wonder if they will happen to be theoretically perfect or with practically realistic behavior.

This is one awesome car to come to rF2. I am sorry - not one, but two ! Gordon Murray has one road going version, and it was part of inspiration for his upcoming T.50 car. He describes these cars as just simply doing all the basics right.

3. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

The point I was making was its fair enough if someone wants to charge for their mod, but why would you hope you had to pay for it? So if it was free you wouldn't want it?

I understand what you mean though, you get what you pay for. Quality comes at a cost, but in this case the quality already seemed assured with manufacturer support and the screenshots shown, yet you hoped you had to pay for it. My reaction was more along the lines of "This looks great, even better if its free".

Honestly no offense meant. I was just surprised by your logic, or at least how it came across on the toneless mediums that are internet forums.

GTClub_wajdi likes this.
  4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

DiggerHawk likes this.
  5. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

cant wait... I have dreamed about this.

6. delapecs

delapecs Registered

I saw one of this new Alpine this sunday at Perpignan, France, in real life. Looks pretty good.
    As a lover of this little french machines, you see in my avatar ;), it's a joy that this guys make it for rF2.
    Thanks guys, you are the best ! :)

7. Bidle

Bidle Registered

leseb64, makan and GeraArg like this.
  8. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

the only thing I dont understand with the alpine, why didnt they make the paddleshifts attached to the steringwheel?
    In a vacation I stumpled on one in hamburg a few years ago. Beautiful car.
    IMG_20180821_195733.jpg

9. Magus

Magus Registered

So is this the latest or the last mod from ER? Sad to lose them if the latter. :(

10. Hocician

Hocician Registered

i hope for a paymod too...just to get sure they get what they deserve... most of the guys will download, will have fun and for sure just 5% leave a comment with a "Thank you" or rate it with 5 Stars if they love it! So many people who take and take... And sorry, if you think that some bucks are to much for this kind of mods than you have no idea what they put in to bring it to live, bring patches and patches after every rFactor 2 update to keep it running ... And another problem... i´m happy for everybody who build mods for rfactor 2 instead of Assetto Corsa... where you get much more "fame" and 10 x more clicks and downloads...

11. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Did I say I "think that some bucks are to much"? I was just saying I hoped it was free as who doesn't like a freebie. If the mod was free that would mean the creators of the mod were happy doing all the work and not getting paid, except for donations. Otherwise it would have been a "paymod" in the first place. I totally understand the work that goes into mods and I'm not belittling their efforts at all. I'm very grateful to those who dedicate themselves to enhancing rF2.

12. Ralph_Raccoon

Ralph_Raccoon Registered

I have no problem paying for quality content. But if you are using trademarks like "Alpine" on a mod and don´t have the license or permission for the commercial use of the trademark there is always the possibility to get problems. In the end it´s the same as brand piracy
    Without brandnames on it, i think there would be no problem to do a pay mod, but with the brand names it´s a problem, because it´s just not legal in most countries and by the raising popularity of simracing at the moment, it´s just a matter of time, that owners of trademarks are getting attention at it.

But it´s just my oppinion, as somebody who already got emails from companies, that complained about using their logos without permission on skins ;)

atomed, VirusGR42 and zxd1997 like this.
  13. klo-che

klo-che Registered

Hello, our position has always been the same on this subject : we do free mods only, and people who wish to support us can make a donation on our paypal account, using the link posted in page 1. It will not change, so now we can focus on the mod itself :)

Mulero, atomed, nolive721 and 24 others like this.
  14. vivemclaren

vivemclaren Registered

So great to see that from an old and famous modding team. ;)

nolive721, pascom, GeraArg and 4 others like this.
  15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Any update?

16. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Yes the project is dead :rolleyes: It's only been 2 weeks from the first announcement

17. Stevy

Stevy Registered

It died so young, what a shame :eek:

/s

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  18. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Maybe cause will will get it from S397 as a DLC?:cool:

19. RoWo

RoWo Member

Irony is the devil's stuff.

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

You are right but damn I love GT4 categorie.