[REL] 1967 Endurance (Proto/Sports/GT) - modded Howston G4

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by woochoo, Jan 5, 2015.

1. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Thank you. This is even more awesome than before, and LGC improvements to boot! The number of cars in this mod is staggering, and it was all done by two modders ... fanatical, I'd say. ;) How many other sims include the Mini Marcos among their mods?

And you'll find these, as shown in Motorsport magazine, October 1967:
    IMG_2506.jpg
    [​IMG]

2. jimagn

jimagn Registered

And how many other sims include this one, with proper physics as well:
    IMG_2508.PNG

woochoo and Seven Smiles like this.
  3. Emery

Emery Registered

I was surprised to find one for AC. I assume it is a rip, but have no clue where the model came from.

Edit: a little googling turned up: "The Mini Marcos GT '70 is a Road car produced by Marcos. It appears in Gran Turismo 4, Gran Turismo PSP, Gran Turismo 5, and Gran Turismo 6." And Ridge Racer V, but that's not pretty enough to use in a modern sim.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    jimagn likes this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

AC probably has everything by now lol And a lot of rips. All of them always comes "from a friend". And then runs some barely changed (and already ruined) physics of some similar car.

Mini Marcos imitating car was the only car that I have issues that I wasn't able to solve. I was trying to reduce it's wheels+tires diameter to realistic size, but physics was just breaking down, possibly it was a change that was too much to work out with use of redapg online tools, and would probably require generating a tire with ttool. I haven't found a solution to that, so it runs usual diameter wheels. Still IMO it has plenty of a character it should have. It also has little bit of shake through the steering when car is stationary at starts, but it goes away as car moves slightly, I guess it happens because its suspension arms assembly is very compact. Or there is yet something to me to learn (likely), but it doesn't seem to cause any trouble for operating it. And operating mini.... lol you just throw it around.

bears likes this.
  5. Mauro

Mauro Registered

1966 Endurance cars table:

[​IMG]

openoffice .ods format: Link

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    jimagn and woochoo like this.
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thanks, just have to point out that masses aren't correct.
    MK2 is 1285kg, MK1 is 1050kg, P2 is 910kg, P2 long tail is 928kg, P3 is 906kg, P3 spyder is 904 kg, 275GTBC is 1160kg.

Thats with driver includeded ready to race weight, except fuel load.

woochoo, Emery and jimagn like this.
  7. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

Fantastic mod with the wonderful Track Le Grand 0.80. What a amazing Job. Thanks for this great Work.

woochoo likes this.
  8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

so, you confirm that 1966 ingame car icons info aren't correct?

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yeah, it slightly slipped through with old numbers. Some of them might be either without driver, or "dry" mass, or without unsprung mass. I really need to do some more editting to our little .pdf introduction document.

10. Emery

Emery Registered

Did a 2 hour stint driving the SP66 clone amidst 15 AI and survived. Most of the randomly drawn AI were fast, so I really had to watch the mirror and blue flags, LOL!

woochoo likes this.
  11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

You gotta save a few AI for your own choice ;)

in other news, the icon stats mentioned above will be updated when we gather up any new items or changes to add

Legend and jimagn like this.
  12. Emery

Emery Registered

I need a new computer to handle my new resolution... come on RTX 3090!

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The 'Not" Chaparral, at least #7, still has the pitlane speed limit active. Pull out of the garage and it's engaged. The 'Not" Lola seemed fine.

woochoo likes this.
  14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I have been trying the 66 Lola mod and comparing it to the 1967 Endurance mod and found myself having troubles with the Chaparral at Bridgehampton. I could not navigate the main straight with the wing flat. The track surface is very rough and I would literally bounce off the track while trying to drive straight. Finally figured out I had lowered the ride height at other smoother tracks and the car must have been bottoming out on the rough surface. Once I raised the car up a little, I could get thru all of the main straight. The car still bucks and heaves but not to the point of losing control. I have a Can-Am book where the author spends part of the first chapter describing a ride with Peter Revson at Bridgehamton in a Mclaren. The first turn read like a horror movie... :) in a good way and your car combined with Lilski's Bridge bring that to life. Sweatin' man.

woochoo and Emery like this.
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thanks for the feedback, but I couldn't reproduce. Even when I was taking away my eyes from the screen to reach keyboard and press two buttons that I have assigned to actuate front and rear aero flaps, I still didn't experience any troubles. I have tried lowest rideheight that is bit more than 7cm. I had no bottoming out. Couldn't perceive tires loosing traction, or any notable lateral instability, bucking or heaving. Car seemed to go nicely straight forward, and then easily go through T1 with both flaps closed down (and easily terrible if you mess up operating the flaps). I haven't tried to induce any oscilations myself by starting to shake steering wheel, instead of keeping it steady. I haven't tried to "forget" front flap. One thing that I thought to change was making FFB bit heavier maybe.

It would be awesome if at least one more guy tries whats going on, because henrie and I seem to have things happening differently, it is unclear. Maybe I am missing some setting that could cause trouble ?

16. jimagn

jimagn Registered

I’d love to help but won’t be able to participate for a few more days.

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't use buttons for the flaps, I use just the clutch pedal to activate both front and rear flap. I have a separate wheel profile where I copied the lines for the rear flap to the front flap and then assign that to the clutch pedal.(Chaparral semi-auto tranny) But I just bounced again from the outside to the inner guard-rail. (armco) Most of the turbulence occurs after the start finish tower...from there to the bridge it's a bumpy ride. I've attached my setup. Perhaps I've just mangled that.

Attached Files:

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have tried similar setting like yours, not far from default actually. I actually even went further and tried further lower height and stiffer springs. I could not experience anything wrong. I also finally assigned controller profile specifically for chaparral as well finally, and wow it is a game changer, could use flap in much more efficient way and did under 1'35 at bridgehampton. I was wondering if this controller setup culd somehow make car unstable, but it didn't. Your issue continues to be a not understood for me, bouncing of guardrails at the end of the straight, "turbulence" ? I get none of that. I tried to do some abrupt steering manouvers there with flaps in lowdrag/no downforce position, I crashed out then, but thats expected when performing a "moose test" there at full speed. Also interesting note, FFB strength felt about fine today, I guess yesterday my T300 was just too hot.

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I've been continuing to switch between the Lola and Now also the Mclaren Mk8c and the 1967 Endurance mod. Testing at Bridgehampton, I am faster with the other cars, much faster in the case of the Mclaren(which makes some sense, 1970 vs 67) but I get very little feel from the tires of those cars. Your tires talk to me much more at initial turn in which is a feeling I appreciate. I think where I am failing is lack of feel near the slip angle max. I just seem to not feel the cars fighting to the last ounce of grip and off to the outside I go. I don't think I've put more than maybe 3 laps together at Bridgehampton(seems to have become my default testing track) without some sort of off. I have gotten the feel of the brakes so I'm not over-running corners as much, but many times I'm tracking thru a corner and the car just can't hold the line.
    I also think my Fanatec wheel 'might' be why your testing and mine don't match up with the Chaparral responding to the rough front straight. I run zero smoothing and the car, at least with the wing flat, the wheel may be transmitting more of those little grooves and ridges. If I keep the wing down, I do not have anywhere near the motion in the car.
    I have to say, I've purchased all the GT DLC content from S397, but more and more I'm coming back to these historics due to the feel I get while driving. Guess it's time to load up the 67 F1 mod again and compare those tires.(thanks!)

edit: I did go back and re-try the 67 F1 mod. As far as lap times, it was the slowest by far. nearly 10 seconds from the Chaparral.(at Bridgehampton) I imagine braking was too tentative. However the car 'felt' faster. And I could control the car more. The tire provided resistance throughout the 180° turn near the end of the lap. Yes, the 67 F1 was probably lighter, with a much smaller engine. But I felt in contact with the track which is something I miss from both the Lola (Howston) mod and the 67Endurance. The worst feel belongs to the Mclaren. I think I'm equating how a tire resists change of direction with grip and in that I may be mistaken. But the 67 F1 mod provides more of the feel I would expect while driving.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  20. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Interesting. I have an old Logitech G25. Very different from yours, DH. My biggest complaint about the F1 67 mod is the lap time differences between the Lotus 49 and almost everything else. The BT24 won the championship on more than reliability. I also find it difficult to feel the limit of adhesion with them. The 67 Endurance mod talks to me clearly, usually saying: "Don't try that, stupid!" I spent a lot of time when first learning rF2 getting the ffb feel dialed in with the ISI BT20. That may affect all the other mods, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make because I like the BT20 so much. I agree that wings and radial tire slicks tend to make it hard to feel what the tires are doing. Hence my focus on vintage mods.

Eric Rowland and davehenrie like this.