Targa Florio WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by 6e66o, Oct 1, 2012.

1. maximus1971

maximus1971 Registered

The perfect combination with the Targa Florio !! :)

svictor and Corti like this.
  2. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Just downloaded this track and, yes I know,... took a 720s GT3 for a spin. Adjusted the ride height and springs and was a real joy,.... just strap in hold on tight and go!!
    It went pretty well and a GT3 makes a first run much easier. It also helps in getting to know the track.

Really awesome; thanks everybody for the hard work. Definitely going to ride this one often. Tomorrow with a more suitable/correct car, anybody knows where to get this 911 or Cortina?

Just a, probably, stupid question. Where do I need to pit? Thought it was that higher road nearby the finish.
    Or is there simply no pit, as it is a one lap race.

Thinking of doing a race tomorrow of 3 laps. :D

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Historically was a multiple hour race, 10-11 laps in the '60s-'70s. The cars were launched every 30 seconds. You can watch an AI to find the pits.

Bidle likes this.
  4. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Hi,

Thanks,... that’s a long intense day of racing. Why didn’t I thought about following an AI! :)

5. Emery

Emery Registered

Bidle likes this.
  6. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    Emery likes this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

IDK GT3 doesn't sound like easy one to me lol, unless driving much much slower than it could, especially when you don't know the track. I am currently using our 1967 endurance cars mod for Targa. Car imitating 911s was just perfect for first run, not too powerful and it likes being driving in rally style a lot, you can push it quite hard and it is not much too fast as you aren't mastered the track yet lol. I have a lap with 910 and it was still nice. Real life Ferrari 412P did best laptimes in 1967 - low 37mins, first time I drove it was way too fast for my track knowledge and it was just terrible, second time it was rather nice, did 39minutes30seconds, I hope to get under 38minutes30seconds next time, although thats optimistic.

8. maximus1971

maximus1971 Registered

Bidle and Mauro like this.
  9. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Too be honest I'm not the most skilled driver, but didn't had any problems and completed a lap somewhere in the end of the 30min. That was my second round with still a lot of improvements possible. Probably the real fast drivers can do it in 30min.

Still will have a closer look tomorrow or maybe even tonight and make a screenshot. Thanks for the nice comment. I find the GT3 easy as I drive it 90% of the time so know the car pretty well and it just responds very quick.

With this game and the PC (always used to Apple) still feel like a NOOB, but where could I find this? Google only let me find this modded Cobra:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1213604700

[edit]
    Just looked into SimHub and found the data. It was a 35:16,701

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  10. maximus1971

maximus1971 Registered

11. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Hi,

I really like this track, it already belongs to my favourites. So I did another run today and noticed two things:

1. Track limits
    The lap time didn't count because of track limits,..... I was sure I was on track all the time. So did it again and giving it more attention. I found the spot and stopped the car.
    Not sure how to make these fancy replay videos, so I just recorded the last corners from my phone incl. a track display. So maybe someone can have a look at the track limits in this section.

*This was the best camera I could find, as the other camera angles in this section are too far away from the road. I believe it was the last corner that triggered the track limit.

2. Pit limiter
    You can not disengaged the limiter when leaving the 'Parking zone'. Only when you are already on the track and go left. If not you'll get a penalty, which should be the case.
    When you have the penalty it tells you to serve it within 3 laps. Actually the first time when you cross the finish line you're disqualified for not executing the stop & go penalty. So there is no possiblity to serve the penalty.

Both will not take away the fun I have with this track, but might help to improve it.

Thanks again!!

12. maximus1971

maximus1971 Registered

Hi,
    is very simple, you have to remove the penalties and reduce the damage to really have fun, at the time he cut the bends and no one came to give penalties, deactivate the penalties and life will be better !! :)

Bidle likes this.
  13. Bidle

Bidle Registered

:cool::cool:;)
    Now that’s a quick reaction!!
    Sorry,... so is that the part with “Flag rules”. I have it on “Black only”, but should be on “None”

Thanks again!

ps. Do prefer damage on, but it is a personal choice. Have the damage multiplier at 95%, not sure what the % does, but works fine. ;)

[edit]
    Seems indeed to be the settings at the “Flag Rules”. Up for another round! Competing with my GT3 against C-group cars. Great fun and can keep up in the corner sections, but elsewhere get completely overrun!! :cool:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
  14. svictor

svictor Registered

New v0.25 DL link and changelog is updated in post #422.

New pit change fixed pit exiting issue (except SG/DQ penalty, which is not related). Below shows the exact pit in and pit out detection line, pit work area is also located here:
    pit.jpg

---------------------------
    Also a few more screenshots, taken in most cloudy weather setting (after sun shines again):
    365960_20200916122837_1.jpg 365960_20200916122349_1.jpg 365960_20200916122324_1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Gasper Zupan, Mitch9, pkelly and 6 others like this.
  15. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Wow, that was a quick fix!!
    For now I keep the “flag rules” off, because of the track limits.
    Don’t get me wrong, this pit change is another great step; thanks for your efforts and time.

16. sdancourt

sdancourt Registered

Thank you so, so much, from Sergio Loro to all the great people involved in this fantastic artwork.
    My favorite track ever, now better than ever. Try ISR server, wonderful combination....until a 906 appears in the horizon....Many, many thanks, pure pleasure driving here...in any car...

Bidle likes this.
  17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Does anyone get the hills turning near white? Is that because of my detail levels or a bug with the track?

18. sdancourt

sdancourt Registered

Already done 4 laps on ISR server and only possible bug is an invisible object on left handle turn while going down after higher point of the track (well, last higher point...) Mountains and general scenery looks great, specially with a big screen and a 4GB video card.:)

19. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

I dont get white hills; they just dissapear for me. Will play with the detail levels later to check.
    Also, just wondering, should a track like this have track limits? Sounds like an insane hotlap challenge :D

Bidle likes this.
  20. maximus1971

maximus1971 Registered