Server with GT3 and Endurance Pack - Configuration

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Carlos Eduardo Araujo, Sep 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Carlos Eduardo Araujo Registered

Hi all,

We are trying to create a server with paid content: GT3 Challenger Pack and Endurance Bundle to run at Le Mans. Our question is: Will a person who has only the Two Strong Pack (Aston Martin GTE), be able to enter this server?

Is it necessary to make any special configuration?

Thank you.

2. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

Every user must have all content that is on the server.

3. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

4. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Thanks, but there are some things I can't understand, seriously! I have a GT3 or GTE car, but I can't get on a server that has a different package than the one I have. If I have the BMW GT3 I should be able to enter any room with GT3 cars ... no, I can only enter if I have the Pack that is running. If it is configured ONLY to BMW GT3 I can enter.

Do you understand why it doesn't work?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  5. marciovs28

marciovs28 Registered

382/5000

But what good is Studio397 selling cars separately, I buy a car, but I can't play with the same car I bought on some online server?
    This business model keeps new customers away. I'm new to RF2 and I'm already thinking about not even buying any more content.
    It doesn't resolve me to buy a car and not be able to play online with it.
    This is kind of absurd or maybe I didn't understand it correctly.

Atsuki and Carlos Eduardo Araujo like this.
  6. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

I have the Endurance Pack, and I told a friend to buy the Two Strong Pack (Aston Martin GTE), so that we could play races with the GTE cars together. And what happened? He can't get into the same lobbying as me. I have BMW and Porsche GTE and he has Aston Martin GTE.

To play together does he need the Endurance Pack or me the Two Strong Pack? That's right?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

you both must have whatever the server has. Everycar loaded on the server must be on both of your systems. If you made a session with just two cars, you each would have to have both of the cars. so he needs the Endurance pak. (if that is all you have) You both must have the same set of cars, no matter what package they were sold in. If he wants to drive the Aston, then YOU need to also buy the two strong pack. (so to be safe, each of you should have exactly the same cars/pack)

8. marciovs28

marciovs28 Registered

My friend, I just arrived at RF2 and I'm already thinking about leaving because of this business model, which in my opinion is very stupid.

Even in games like IR, RR or ACC, you don't need to have all the content in the room to be able to play. Just buy the car you want.

I just bought my first GTE (ferrari) and I'm already sorry, because unless I find a server with just this car, I already know that I won't be able to enjoy something I bought and that it probably won't have any use.

All interest that I started to have in purchasing GT3 cars or GTEs has already dissolved.
    I prefer to bet on other more consistent platforms.

Carlos Eduardo Araujo likes this.
  9. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Hey mate, can you confirm this information?

10. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

I am very disappointed with the messages I read. I bought the game in 2012 (Beta), bought the DLC Endurance Pack (2018) and recently bought the GT3 Challenger Pack. I'll be very sincere, I played very little the game until that month. For the past few years I have been focused on ACC.

On some occasions the ACC Competition Servers were down, so my friends and I decided to go back to playing rFactor 2.

I can say that I was absolutely unhappy with this situation. I have 5 GT3 cars, I have a friend who has ALL GT3 cars, but he can only use the cars I have ... what kind of business is this?

We cannot race with GTE and GT3, as some only have GT3 cars. LMP, GTE and GT3? IMPOSSIBLE too.

Well, from what I'm seeing, the best that my friends and I have to do is leave the game. Unfortunately I can't ask for a refund.

But with this current business model, I don't buy ANYTHING of DLC. I bet there at the beginning, I bought DLC, to have this disappointment ... unfortunately this is the reality.

marciovs28 likes this.
  11. marciovs28

marciovs28 Registered

That is, I just arrived at RF2 and at that moment I am already giving up and uninstalling the product from my computer.

A game that offers cars sold separately and does not have the slightest support to allocate these cars on servers in servers that are using other cars? This is absurd!

Excuse me for my words, but what RF2 has in excellence in simulation, is completely stupid in its business model.
    I'll be negative on Steam reporting the reason for my discount with the purchase.

I don't put a single dollar on that platform anymore!

RF2 business model has just pushed another customer away

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

If a server has 10 cars, if you want to enter you will have to have those same 10 cars, or you will not be able to enter, if you set up a server with three cars you must have the same as the server so that other people can enter, WITH THE CIRCUITS IS WHAT SAME, this is not Racecroom

13. marciovs28

marciovs28 Registered

In other words, it confirmed what I said before: a completely stupid business model.

14. acizans

acizans Registered

The thing is to leave companies like this and leave for those who offer you the best content. A company that's not worried about the customer. I'm going to ask for a refund for GT3, it doesn't make sense to have content and not be able to play online. That's why the rooms are always empty....

15. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

I was able to understand the game's business model, and today I also understand why it is used only in leagues.

It is unthinkable for me to buy a car, for example Ferrari GTE, and not be able to race against another car in the GTE category ... I can only race against the cars I have in the game. This is illogical ... I should be able to race against the other guys, I can't race with another car, but I should be able to race against!

Ahhhh but you can race the cars and track for free. Hey, I want to race the cars I BUY. If my friend doesn't have the car, OK, he can't run ... but he can see me and I can run with the car I bought.

Unfortunately I can't ask for a refund, but I don't spend ANYTHING on that game anymore. Worse is that I referred some friends, and then we discovered the excellent business model of the game!

marciovs28 likes this.
  16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Your opinion is respectable, but your opinion gives more reflection of your person than of factor ... maybe you are more iracing

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

That you do not like the business model does not mean that it is bad, I said this is not Raceroom, it should have been signed before buying, by the way, iracing is a wonderful business model ...:):):);)

18. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

hummm, come on ... did you see me talk about the iRacing business model? NO! Reread my message.

Keep thinking the business model is excellent, don't listen to what others say, keep making fun of those who think differently, and you will be just a fan boy ... as simple as that!

When someone makes a criticism, first read, reread, understand and then reflect, because different views can be good. Get out of the comfort zone.

marciovs28 likes this.
  19. marciovs28

marciovs28 Registered

You just proved to be one more fan boy who no longer has the slightest ability to reason about the situation!
    And to make matters worse still considers it wonderful ...

20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Perhaps the one who should read is you, what part of before buying you have to inform yourself, ... the business model may be better or worse, but if you buy without knowing, you are solely responsible for your money, do not complain, with not buying any car solved, ... you can now use the free content ,,, you can also play with your friends without major problem:);)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.