Latest Roadmap Update - August 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yeah, big mistake. They should use these and have some coffee and cookies ready in the office to welcome the lawyers of the license holders :D
    Do people even think before posting some stuff...?

Juergen-BY and Emery like this.
  2. AMillward

AMillward Registered

They won't be able to use them in official competitions due to licensing. Hence the reason in FSR commentators aren't allowed to say Estoril or Monaco.

It's also the reason some of those better tracks like Watkins Glen, Misano etc aren't used in GT Pro/Challenge, FSR and the VEC.

3. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

For official competitions OK, but what about the official servers that could possibly be created S397 with the competition system ?

I mean to do fast races without competition ?

The licenses would not be a problem if the modder permission of the track is granted ?

I don't know how it works, if someone could answer less dryly than will mazeo.

4. lagg

lagg Registered

In most cases the modder doesn't have permission to publish the content (car or track).
    If this is the case, in legal terms, he can't give the permission, because he doesn't have those permissions.
    I doubt that S397 use in their servers content without all legal permissions.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    vittorio likes this.
  5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Ok thanks

6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

There should still be no issue running a competition server with Portugal, Brianza, Azure, Matsusaka or Tiger Moth. They allready did that for some of the Race series events without getting into legal trouble. The point I tried to make despite those tracks being usable allready - that's not the point for debate here - is that it's a clear necessity that all the tracks offered by S397 in the workshop need to offer a certain level of quality, wich would require updating them with the up to date track tech to give them a somewhat consistent look and appearance. Same goes for car content. I have no idea why there are still tracks that have no puddle maps for one thing and it should be one of the first goals for the comp system to make a checklist for the track content and see wich track misses wich set of features. You start with the smaller ones add stuff like the new shaders, puddlemaps, dirt maps, marshalls etc and work up to the bigger ones, giving lisenced content the higher priority. I can clearly tell the difference of tech used at Le Mans and SauPaulo without any research. And there is no excuse for Interlagos being unusable in the rain while this is an advertized feature. And it get's even more appaling if you look at the reviews of the rF2 demo and what kind of first impression people have from the product. Why is it that for this version the reviews are mostly negative while the full product has very positive reviews? Count 1 and 1 together and you will easily see where this is going.

Someone asked earlier in this threat how does it come that Kunos can have such a nice package of tracks while we have seeminly so few in rF2, while I would argue that rF2 offers atleast as many if not more. The answer is easy: they have a very consistent quality standard and once they implement a certain feature in the game they apply it to all of their content that needs it, but not within 5 years but a very short time frame, so people use all the content on a regular base wich isn't the case in rF2 so we are forgetting how many great tracks we allready have. This again, helps to sell the product as a nice package wich again helps to decrease the prices for DLCs and opens the door for more users to have an easy going with the product, wich in return helps to lisence some of the more expensive tracks like Suzuka or to simply fill up the servers. I allready wrote it in the Summer Sale threat, but how the product is presented especialy through steam is horrendous and you have no idea what you get, especialy not with the Demo or DLCs (some first hint for @Paul Jeffrey :D). There is no up to date video, let alone a screenshot showing how great this product is and potential buyers are left alone wondering if they really should spend some money. And that's where Kunos wins allready. Sounds like some marketing BS but it's not that difficult to understand. :)

7. stonec

stonec Registered

They are not in S397 workshop, so they don't have any obligations to maintain them. Tracks like Matsusaka remain in the ISI workshop for a reason. ISI had a very different policy regarding licensing, which dare I say is iffy. Unless you are deeply into how the licensing technicalities work you shouldn't be making generalizing statements. Based on pure speculation I'd say Azure should be usable since we have seen it in other sims and it could be regarded as just the streets of Monaco depicted in the game. For a track like Matsusaka, it's exactly the same as what URD did by their EGT pack renaming cars to something like Ferruccio. Surely you see the problem with running something like that in paid events.

8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Who said that competition means paid events? I am not talking about those events for VIP or allien drivers, I am talking about scheduled daily races similar to iRacing for the normal folks, because that's propably what most average Joe users have been waiting for. "Competition" for the majority of people in rF2 is currently just hotlapping to rank up a leaderboard. Next to the fact that there was no problem running Portugal and Azure with money involved, so I think it isn't too much to expect all the content provided by S397 in the workshop to be brought up to spec, wich includes tracks like Portugal, the historic tracks and Sau Paolo. I don't understand why we are still discussing this. From the 60 items offered by S397 there are 15 items that are up to spec, no matter if car or track. If you think that this makes a good impression to newcomes then so be it. From my prspective this exactly what gives rF2 the image of a big construction sight. I understand that it might be sometimes hard to balance the development of new content and the maintenance of older content, but there comes a point when you have to bite the bullet, otherwise it becomes a mess.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  9. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

From my understanding, Matsusaka was a third party affiliate track? Can't be totally sure, but I think Woochoo did the track for ISI?
    That would possibly be an issue for it to be updated???

10. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

This already exists. You are going to pay, but instructors/driving coaches that work with sim are out there (google Krause & Associates for an example).

vittorio likes this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Not understanding with Azure even get in the talk. Basic logical reasoning shows they can use Monaco EPrix but not GP so that name belongs to someone else. Azure then is a legit license.
    You may get away with one or two tracks using fake names but who knows what happens when you start using some amount and one of them decide to contact all the others and try to do something about it... especially after simracing got into some people's radar thanks to e"sports"

12. lagg

lagg Registered

The owner of "Monaco GP" name is the Formula 1 owner.
    The case of Azure circuit is different because the streets of Monaco are public. Nobody can forbid S397 to publish a circuit of public streets, but they can't use the name "Monaco GP"
    With the rest of circuits is different, because those have an owner and he has his rights.

13. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

Why don't they use just Monaco Circuit or simply Monaco?

14. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Why are we such a label, brand and whatever dependent ?

Ps where is nordschleife update lol

15. stu3284

stu3284 Registered

Loving the Azure circuit. Any chance you can put 'Coulthard's Cone' in the next up date for a bit more authenticity. Apparently the story goes he asked for it so you know where the apex is at Virage Antony Noghes.

Attached Files:

16. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

"Last month we released our new stock cars, and in our upcoming release we will release an important update to the plugins that go with this series. We will also include more documentation on how to properly setup races with these cars as we are aware that some of you have struggled a bit with this."

Has this happened yet?

Badboy likes this.
  17. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

no

18. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Thank you for clarifying. I didn't know as it wasn't mentioned in either of the two more recent roadmaps.

19. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The rFactor 2 rule system is completely buggy.

It destroys realism, immersion and is very boring.
    We have to set the rules to "black flag".

I hope they will take advantage of the overhaul of the specific NASCAR rules (this should not be a priority because SPECIFIC serie) to debug the standard rFactor 2 rules (FCY.....................................:mad:)

Juergen-BY likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Anyone getting the irony of work being done on the Nascar Rules/plug-in, when it was working on the Nascar Rules/plug-in that broke the AI in the first place?

McFlex, Juergen-BY and Emery like this.