rfactor2 not loading after new update.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by 70shippy, Sep 14, 2020.

1. 70shippy

70shippy Registered

Seems after the latest update my factor does not load. Never had any issues before. Deleted and reinstalled but still get the same. Any help would he appreciated.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Why do sooo many people assume deleting fixes everything? Not criticizing you, I just cannot tell you how many help questions contain the old delete/install process. I just tried the latest updates last night, I had to click the PLAY button several times. And once it did respond, the Config tool option was skipped. I don't know why, but it's like rF2 has to sort out the new changes. Reboot your computer, load from Steam. Give it time to reset itself if nothing happens. Like I said, it took me several tries to get the program to begin loading.

3. 70shippy

70shippy Registered

Well I've been an rFactor user for years and have never had any issues. When I get to my screen to select single or online no matter when I select starts to boot up then bombs out. Did delete the game and reinstalled a fresh on. Same issue everytime.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  4. 70shippy

70shippy Registered

never had an issue before till the other day. deleted and installed to many times to list. still nadda.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The point being made regarding reinstalling is that 95% of what you remove and redownload is content files that won't affect whether the game starts.

On top of that, many uninstall and reinstall without manually cleaning out the handful of small files that could be causing an issue.

So: when you say delete, does that mean you removed the rF2 folder from your PC entirely? Or just uninstalled it via steam?

Deleting (or moving out) the entire UserData folder, verifying rF2 files in steam, then trying again will "fix" 90% of old files or config errors with a very small download.

Other than that, try running all 4 files in the Support\Runtimes folder. Then try creating a trace file and attach it here as it may help give some clues.