[WIP] Le Grand Circuit 1967 (in association with VLM)

Discussion in 'Locations' started by woochoo, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Duncan

Duncan Registered

omg-funny-animals-dog-1.jpg

woochoo likes this.
  2. sushi

sushi Registered

Many thanks.
    Very much and very good content for many hours of fun.

woochoo likes this.
  3. bears

bears Registered

This track is a work of art thank you so much for the hours you must put into it :)

svictor and woochoo like this.
  4. svictor

svictor Registered

Amazing job, thanks
    365960_20200913164319_1.jpg

Corti, pascom, GeraArg and 6 others like this.
  5. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Hop into #51 and just enjoy the scenery in the French countryside. Sublime. Thank you.

Bidle likes this.
  6. Emery

Emery Registered

So there I was wondering why I haven't seen any graphical updates. Checking packages, seems I was stuck on 0.5 version. What? Didn't I subscribe on Steam? Nope. Okay, remedied.

Yeah, never experienced any of the changes since 2017. Sigh.

woochoo likes this.
  7. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I encountered a problem with the track, when driving the Porsche 917 replays would run in slow motion. I don't know if it's my problem or the track. I think I have cured the problem, I extracted the files and then repacked and installed manually as a rfcmp file having first unsubscribed the track from Steam. Replays now run at the correct speed so far. Great track, thank you. Really enjoy this combo of track and car. Screen shot. GRAB_3604.JPG

Corti likes this.
  8. TheMenace

TheMenace Registered

It's not the cars fault nor the track, it's the games fault. A known issue.

Highlandwalker likes this.
  9. Highlandwalker

I agree but it's always on the same tracks with certain cars, on most tracks it never happens not matter which car is used. It can also happen in different ways, as soon as you go to the replay or a gradual slowing down and it's not always the first replay in the session either. To give an example the first version of Mosport by Sennorman all cars except S397 cars would run in slow motion, the second version of the track every car runs at the correct speed. It doesn't seem to be investigated by S397 or at least no mention of it. We can only hope it can be sorted.

10. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Sorry Highlandwalker, I don't know anything about causing replay slowdowns. Do the graphics or physics load graphs (ctrl+c) show anything different to normal?

Emery, I'm just glad you're here with us now :D
    The v0.6 update wasn't massive. This v080 is more extensive ;)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Emery likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't have replay slowdowns very often, but I have experienced it with the DLC cars and I have seen it with this track and the 67 Endurance mod.

12. Duncan

Duncan Registered

I disabled replays for that reason so less cpu consuming in VR but too bad to loose this feature.

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I have no such problem at LGC... with 1967endurance mod cars, 56 cars grid all classes together. I almost always have this replays slow down issue at SPA 1966.

14. Highlandwalker

I also have slow down problems with SPA 1966, I didn't have any problem 1967 Endurance mod with Le Grand 67. Since I have repacked and installed Le Grand 67 all my replays with the Porsche 917 have run at the correct speed. I will have a go at repacking SPA-66 to see if it makes any difference.

15. Highlandwalker

I have carried out some tests with my repacked version and I have had NO slow replays with the Porsche 917.
    Some info which may be of help to you
    Settings used: Max graphic settings - 32" 4K 3840-2160 - FPS capped at 89-FPS.
    Daylight sunny 10am - 61-AI cars.
    Results. CPU usage 40-50% - GPU usage 40-60%. Constant 89-FPS. Max GPU memory usage 7653. (In car driving).
    Sunset to darkness 8pm - 61-AI cars.
    Results. CPU usage 40-50% - GPU usage 40-100%. 70-89-FPS (89-FPS for 95% of lap). Max GPU memory usage 7726. (In car driving).
    All replays ran at the correct speed while running the tests.
    I don't understand why repacking would cure the replays because the only file that is different is the mft file.
    The track looks superb at night especially around the pits. Thank you.
    Oh I managed my fastest lap ever with the Porsche 917 a 3-06.782.

woochoo and Bidle like this.
  16. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Unparalleled masterpiece, unequivocally spectacular, stunning representation!
    Thank you from a big fan of this era of motorsport!

woochoo, pkelly and Bidle like this.
  17. Highlandwalker

I have repacked SPA 1966 and reinstalled manually after unsubscribing from Steam. I ran a practice session of 10 laps with 31-AI cars with the Enduracers mod. The replay ran perfectly for all 10 laps, the Enduracers mod has always run in slow motion for me on this track. I also ran the Nissan GT500 and the replays ran OK as well. I don't know whether repacking and installing will work for other tracks with the slow motion problem.
    I have Record To Memory set to true in the player.json. This setting also stopped all stuttering for me.
    "Record To Memory":true,
    "Record To Memory#":"record replays to memory rather than disk (may possibly reduce stuttering, but at your own risk because memory usage will be significant for long races)",

Duncan and woochoo like this.
  18. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

I'm testing out different tracks and different cars and I can say that slow motion issue in replays are random
    for example,le grand track when I drove a practice this slow motion issue happened but when I chose next session i mean race session
    The replay operated at normal speed

19. Highlandwalker

I know it may seem a bit random but it is always the same tracks it happens on, as I said in my previous post, on most tracks it never happens no matter which car is used.

20. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

Another thing to note that it never happens without the player driving for some time. I do a lot of AI races where I exit to monitor as soon as the race starts, and those never slow down.