Studio 397 please consider fixed cars, fixed tracks and an online rating system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Booebsie, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Booebsie

Booebsie Registered

Dear Studio 397,

I truelly love your Sim, the best physics and good graphics.

But i wish you would consider a comparable system like iracing.

Wich means, fixed quality cars, fixed quality laser scanned tracks and a rating system (point based) with an easy UI- and you will steal all iracing members and more. Just ask a fair price a year or on a monthly basis, you will earn more and we sim racers are threated with the best sim and quality online races.
    Even if you would start with like 5 to 10 quality cars and some quality laser scanned tracks, all which you already possess it would be a winner, which this sim deserves.

Without good game mechanics rfactor 2 will not work. It's a bit of everything now, with old and new content and this sim needs structure.

I know the team is working on a new UI and such, but it isn't enough. We need organized multiplayer with a feel of accomplishment, a rating system is a must. We need entry level organized fun, not only league races.

Please consider it :) ;p

Regards,

Booebsie.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Why do all sims need to be the same?

Ayrton de Lima likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Tatuus. Sebring, Silverstone, Portland, pick a few others... done.

Ayrton de Lima likes this.
  4. Booebsie

Booebsie Registered

It's not the same, the base of rfactor 2 is actually better and most sim racers (including iracers) know this. Yet iracing has a bigger active community, then you should know you are doing something wrong. What iracing is doing simply works - even more if you consider how expensive it is.
    In dutch you have a saying 'beter goed gejat dan slecht bedacht', which means something like;
    'You can better copy something good, than invent something that doesn't work'. I know my english stinks....;):D

5. stonec

stonec Registered

What do you mean by "fixed" cars and tracks? S397 has released around 15+ cars and five laser scanned tracks over the past couple of years, more than any other developer as far as I know.

juanchioooo likes this.
  6. Booebsie

Booebsie Registered

I mean fixed in a multiplayer rating system, the problem now is that you have a lot of servers with different quality content and mods. Everytime you want to join a server there is something you should download, this is not user friendly. The option could exist but outside the rating system. It's easier and more user friendly if you guarentee a certain quality of content within a rating system.

7. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

The competition system is comming, probably at the begining of next year, and it will use only/mostly official content. Its not like it never occured to them, you know?

8. lagg

lagg Registered

@Booebsie , you should read the roadmap updates.
    S397 is developing what you are asking for.
    But we can't forget that they are a little team, with limited resources.

9. Booebsie

Booebsie Registered

Ok cool that's amazing, it's not that I am critical. It think it's just what this sim needs more then anything, it's an amazing sim ;):)

Remco Majoor likes this.
  10. Karlis Vitols

Karlis Vitols Registered

yes. i agree. i purchased iracing only because you can race whenever you want. you have time table records of comunity laps to compare yourself against etc.
    Now lets hope first improvements are coming: Hotlap server with fixed cars on Nurb and some 397 openservers