Latest Roadmap Update - August 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I think there was an "rF2 Rank" website that did something like this. Your english is fine :)

mesfigas likes this.
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

3. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Yes, thats why I would love to get something like a driving school in rF2. Like an instructor driving Nordschleife or other track with a specific car (like BMW M2 Clubsport, similar what you get when you hire an instructor at Nords and have no fast car) you follow the car and get audio instructions how to drive that track best. Maybe choose between beginner, advanced and professional instructions. Thats only an idea, probably never happen.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    pkelly and davehenrie like this.
  4. Comante

Comante Registered

I disagree, every time you beat your ghost, you are learning.

pkelly and davehenrie like this.
  5. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

The delta time is working as well....oh I forgot, its messed up since 3 years and S397 does not care...

Ariff, Obbzy_XR_, Juergen-BY and 2 others like this.
  6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

New Build was relaxing few min ago.

7. pety100

pety100 Registered

• Added use thread “true” for all profiles.

Well, i checked some of the profiles, and the Logitech DFGT profile does not include use thread line at all but before update had that line. And when I push detect in game and I save my custom settings, that json file conatining it, but it is set to use thread = false by default. Is this a bug?

*edit: now i can see other profiles which has no use thread line. So maybe not a bug.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  8. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

may i have the old pitboy back please?! or just an arrow ... :rolleyes:

Juergen-BY and Balazs Magyar like this.
  9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Yes, i would prefere the old one, too.

10. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I would prefer a pitgirl :p
    This weekend is Ferrari's 1,000th Grand Prix...does that mean we are getting the 488 GT3 tomorrow? :)

pkelly likes this.
  11. felirrari

felirrari Registered

I think rF2 should focus on bring a competition system as priority. It's pointless use the best sim if there is no way to race against each other. Sometimes I want to race but there is no populated server.
    I think they should improve interface on track too, like LCD, fonts and more.
    New features like animations, better sound and damage models would be great. Some things need to improve like GTE and GT3 cars display, fonts and function should be working better.

Atsuki likes this.
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

But...Please speak for yourself here. I bet, there are enough people, enjoying AI races. A discipline, where rF2 was once good at and now degresses at, because the focus is exactly on this: The implementation of the Competition system in this relatively slow new UI. :-/

cvtele, Ariff, X-City and 5 others like this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I personally would like(and I'm SURE everyone shares my likes... :> ) More detail on the lcd screens, we should be able to flip through 3 or 4 pages of information. More setup options. It seems I make the same changes, no matter what car I'm dealing with. AI fixes..not IMPROVEMENTS, but FIXES! Online comp system, a way for a single car owner to race on a server with the entire pack.(if only to quiet those who choose not to purchase a pack) A freakin' Acura/Honda GT3 NSX, (ok, a Lambo & Lexus also). You may note, the UI hasn't been mentioned. The only reason for messin' with an improved UI is to facilitate the implementation of new features. Oh, and a year by year fully fleshed out Can Am field with all the cars, variants, tires, engines, that seemingly improved race to race. And by next Thursday if you please!

14. felirrari

felirrari Registered

That's why I started with "I think" ;). But let me explain my point: I know there is a lot of racers who enjoy AI races. But the point is they already can race with AI, if it not good as before, it is a different topic. Drivers like me who enjoy online races do not have a way to drive online except for scheduled online races brought by leagues.

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

The focus on such a system is already existent right now, which was communicated the last months. It's just a matter of ye....mont...hopefully weeks to see an actually working system.

Emery likes this.
  16. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

There is a lot of stuff to build for an 'iRacing-like' system. First is the ability to create online events and allow people to sign up, schedule them, store results, calculate championship points etc. to support both their own online events and more importantly leagues. Second, if they want to go with it, they'd need a method to calculate performance ratings and safety ratings, if they want to do effective matchmaking for larger events or to act as filters for other people's hosted events. It's to be noted that none of the other developers who have taken a stab at this on the PC have created a system that works and has significant uptake.

I still think the bigger issue for S397 events/series, is that they lack content they can use. They've got cars, they lack tracks. At this point for say endurance road racing, they've got 3 laser scanned tracks, and maybe 3 or 4 non-laser tracks (often old ISI tracks) that are of sufficient quality to use and fully licensed. Plus the 3PA tracks, if they are in fact able to use those. It's really nowhere near enough. They can hold events of the Mclaren type which are 4 or 5 races, but without more top-quality tracks, they can't do more extensive series. They could also do a formula E type championship (again, limited number of licensed tracks) and by using partner tracks could probably make use of the Tatuus single seaters in a set of series (and with these, some of the smaller ISI/3PA tracks can come into play). But they almost completely lack the WEC/ELMS/IMSA tracks. Note, S397 are NOT going to be using unlicensed, modder tracks for their own series, though individuals and leagues clearly can, they come with all the issues we already know about for mismatches and downloads.

17. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Just to reiterate on tracks, here's what ACC comes with (all laserscan):

Barcelona, Brands Hatch, Hungaroring, Misano, Monza, Nurb, Paul Ricard, Silverstone, Spa, Zandvoort, Zolder. The DLC includes Kyalami, Suzuka, Laguna Seca and Bathurst.

Of those, S397 has laser scanned Nurb, internal non-laser Silverstone and Zandvoort (really latter done by third party originally), and then 3PA unlicensed Suzuka and Bathurst from ISI days and not updated for latest shaders/lighting etc.

AC has most of the above plus Vallelunga, Mugello, Magione, Imola, Red Bull Ring. rF2 have a partner done Imola that's unlikely to be updated any time soon, if ever again.

S397 have to find a way to address this. Kunos is a small studio too and seemed to manage it; plus do console releases as well. Reiza too.

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I don't think that there aren't enough tracks in the game to build a competition system, far from it. There is Mills, Toban, Lester, Loch Drummond, Matsusaka, Lime Rock, AMP, Interlagos, Nordschleife, Nurburgring, Sebring, Portland, Indianapolis, Silverstone, Zandvoort, Palm Beach, Botniaring, Monaco, Le Mans, Nola, Bathurst and a few historic tracks, Reiza tracks, Kart tracks, FE tracks, NZ tracks, 3PA Ovals and stuff like the Top Gear test track. And I am sure I forgot some more. That makes enough tracks to organize weekly track cycles throughout twelve months, basicly more than any of us could ever master in their whole live. The big problem from by perspective is that the quality of those tracks is all over the place with very few of them having all the new tech implemented and that the good ones are payware. At the end it doesn't matter where you race or if the tracks are called Mastusaka instead of Suzuka (hello PC2 ;)), you just need to offer a consistent quality and experience aswell as making it easy for people to enter those tracks with likeminded racers following a schedule.

I could lap Lime Rock in a Spec Miata all day in iRacing and it'll never get boring. If I had to make a list for wich tracks would recieve updates first I would start with the real venues first for obvious reasons and give them a facelift. And especialy the free tracks like Lime Rock, AMP or NOLA should be updated as people shouldn't have to buy content to get into the comp system. If you add a paywall to the comp system, it quickly becomes an obstacle and people will hesitate. Those should work as a little teaser of what people can expect if they spend some money and not scare them away and act as a placeholder to feed the comp system until more popular new tracks are build. With this comes also the necessity to finaly update the car base content like the Clio, the Megane and the likes. The Spec Miata in iRacing is a perfect example. It looks great, it sounds great, it's free and it handles easy enough and people can relate to it. Do we have something like that in rF2? - Nope.

Manfredk2 likes this.
  19. stonec

stonec Registered

Matsusaka is more than fine to race at in my opinion, but I don't think we will get to use unlicensed tracks in competition system, which would rule out at least Bathurst, Matsusaka and most of the ovals. These tracks are already not used in the official events and S397 has been pretty clear about only promoting licensed content. The Race events, which I greatly enjoyed watching, made it work with a 10 week series, but they included some very old tracks like Estoril etc. and again I'm not sure that one is licensed either.

20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

There are many good/very good/excellent quality MODDED tracks on rFactor 2.

Do you think S397 is not going to use these many qualitative tracks in the competition system ?

Or maybe I misunderstood ?

Big mistake in my opinion to deprive oneself of all these tracks, provided of course that the creators of the tracks agree.