OrthogonalizeTangentsAndBinormals MeshMender???

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mike Cantwell, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Hi everyone,

With the new update I added the newest plugins....and now get this when exporting some objects. They still export, but I have no idea what this means. First time I have ever seen this warning since using 3D Max since 2008. :eek::eek::confused::confused:o_O

2. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Mike it might be related to these issues,

Known Issues
    • Exporting to FBX with gMotor Materials crashes max. Convert materials to standard first. Under investigation.
    • Plugins do not support the Slate Material Editor. Use the simple material editor. Under investigation.
    • In order to use a gMotorMaterial you must be using the scanline renderer.
    • You can only setup the first 8 sampler slots for a Material in the max plugins. Any further slots need to be setup in the Material Editor. It is not anticipated that this will be fixed.
    • At export time, you will be told about issues with your mesh, however you will not be given an exact vert or face id to track down the issues.
    • Some meshes seem to export with out giving a complete message for some reason. Under investigation.

Mike Cantwell likes this.
  3. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Thank you for that :) See what happens in the next few weeks. I may go back to the old shaders for a while.

4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

It means that you probably have illegal triangulation somewhere in your mesh.

Previously illegal triangulation was just exported with out warning. At least now we let you know there is something wrong somewhere.

Corti and Mike Cantwell like this.