Software Wheel Rotation : not working ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yzangard, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@GameOne Ok, this is all getting very confusing and I think we're crossing a couple of different issues here.

This means either rF2 is still running when you're editing the file, or you're editing the wrong file. As I said in my post #2 as well, if you do any loading or saving of profiles in rF2 that can change which file you should edit and how to handle it (load it each time you change it, for example).

I wasn't at my PC earlier, the line should end up like this in the controller.json, and show 10% in the game:
    Code:
        "Steering torque minimum":0.1,
        "Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",

If that doesn't work then you can't resolve your rotation issue by editing the file you're editing.

Max has mentioned profiles, I personally set my wheel up in the Logitech Profiler general/global settings and stayed away from game-specific profiles. That's not to say they can't work, but I found that the easiest way to make sure my settings were applied. If the profiler settings aren't always being used for rF2 (or it's a bit random) you'll be chasing your tail trying to work this out.

From what you've described it sounds like your wheel is still doing 450°. You really want it doing 900 in the game, so you untick and set it to 900 and then when you're in the car your physical steering wheel turns 900°. From that point you can either use software rotation lock or rF2's driver support to adjust your wheel automatically. Again for robustness I'd choose software rotation lock.

For this I meant your physical wheel, not the on-screen one (but you should enter the car before trying, to make sure the new rotation is applied). Unfortunately 410 is quite close to 450 so it doesn't clearly indicate if things are working or not.

I think to start you need to get 900° working in the game, by identifying the correct file to edit, setting up software rotation lock as per those same steps, untick vehicle set and make it 900, then jump in (any) car and check that it's 900. When you get that working, you'll hopefully be able to tick Vehicle Set and things will just work.

2. GameOne

GameOne Registered

I have now done everything all over again

Logitech Profiler Deleted and profiles for ingame also deleted

then again the controller.json checked whether it is correct

[​IMG]

and now it seems to work the steering wheel rotates 900 ° without resistance and ingame it is no longer as fast and direct

The 410 ° are from the car in the setup that is the corvette c7r GT3 which no longer has the same as the 410 in the car, I definitely have to help in the settings in-game and turn it down, because I have to steer too much to get through the curve quickly and well come

3. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Ok, but why do you have your wheel rotation limited to 450° ?

[edit]
    my browser wasn't refreshed when I wrote this... my question was in regards to the former LG profiler settings
    [edit]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  4. GameOne

GameOne Registered

I saw that once when I googled rf2 G27 Settings

Otherwise I always had 900 ° but since the update in May when controller updates came for the first time, everything didn't feel good anymore

5. GameOne

GameOne Registered

I just checked out the roadmap update so that it would be described with steering wheel rotation which only applies to OSW and SimSteering wheels, right?

6. Kryptonite77

Kryptonite77 Registered

I just joined the forum to thank you.So,thank you man, I fixed the irritating problem.At first I though its locked to 180 degree on all cars but after setting Left max and Right max points,It worked.(For people who don't know it,It's turning wheel to full left and clicking set max left and doing it same for the right)

Lazza likes this.