modded new track and tested on viewer but not able to run on dev mode

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by hstevefrancis, Jul 28, 2020.

1. hstevefrancis

hstevefrancis Registered

As title I made a mod track and edit some property in 3dsimED then export all the GMT and MAP file in moddev\location\"new" folder(new create as the build-in Joesville )
    and copy the _output file into "new.scn" and exam the track is working all fine at gmoto viewer 2.5
    as far as I know , I had set xsectors, xfinish, xpitin, xpitout and edit properties to maks sure TERRAIN objects is drivable.

but when I get in rf2 dev game mode, the game crush on loading this mod track 100% and return back to desktop

is there any troubleshooting I should made to find out the problems?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

through log can only find as follow

1.04s
    cubeDirectX1 7599: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Shader@0x0000027FED26A350(29,20): warning X3578: Output value 'main' is not completely initialized (is this important?)
    16.62s util.cpp
    1210: Unable to adjust texture for material: wcdriver_104, tex0=D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SkipBarber_05driver.dds, tex1=D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\Misc\SkipBarber_05driver.dds, tex2=D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SkipBarber_05driver.dds
    16.62s util.cpp
    1210: Unable to adjust texture for material: wcextra0_104, tex0=D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SkipBarber_05extra0.dds, tex1=D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\Misc\SkipBarber_05extra0.dds, tex2=D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SkipBarber_05extra0.dds
    16.62s
    util.cpp 1210: Unable to adjust texture for material: wcextra1_104, tex0=D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SkipBarber_05extra1.dds, tex1=D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\Misc\SkipBarber_05extra1.dds, tex2=D:\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\RFACTOR 2\MODDEV\VEHICLES\SKIPBARBER\TEAMS\SkipBarber_05extra1.dds
    (nothing to do with my files?)

17.04s setup.cpp 3199: Could not find Joesville Speedway.race.svm
    17.04s setup.cpp 3199: Could not find Joesville Speedway.svm
    (is svm file important? why did it recal Joesville file rather than mine?)

17.65s
    pitcrew.cpp 341: CUBE error loading animation file HOLDLEFT.ANM: Error locating animation file HOLDLEFT.ANM
    17.65s
    pitcrew.cpp 341: CUBE error loading animation file HOLDRIGHT.ANM: Error locating animation file HOLDRIGHT.ANM
    (is this animation file important?)

17.78s slot.cpp 763: finished pit and garage unassigning (should I assign and how?)

24.50s CommMain.cpp 617: Opened commentary script "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Commentary\CommentaryEnglish-USA.ini"
    24.53s CommMain.cpp 329: Could not find file "flag_yellow_race.wav" from commentary script
    24.53s CommMain.cpp 329: Could not find file "flag_yellow_race.wav" from commentary script
    24.53s CommMain.cpp 329: Could not find file "leader_yellow_closed.wav" from commentary script
    24.54s CommMain.cpp 329: Could not find file "leader_yellow.wav" from commentary script
    24.54s CommMain.cpp 329: Could not find file "pits_open_leadlap.wav" from commentary script
    24.54s CommMain.cpp 329: Could not find file "pits_open.wav" from commentary script
    24.54s CommMain.cpp 329: Could not find file "caution_end_double.wav" from commentary script
    24.54s CommMain.cpp 329: Could not find file "caution_end.wav" from commentary script
    24.54s CommMain.cpp 329: Could not find file "still.wav" from commentary script
    (what are all the wav file for?)

51.57s setup.cpp 3199: Could not find Joesville_Speedway.ini
    (recal the Joesville again, is ini essential? )

355.50s main.cpp 290: onFatalError 11 (end in here)

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

What does your GDB look like? It is most likely the path to your TDF that is wrong.

Schumi likes this.
  3. hstevefrancis

hstevefrancis Registered

I fixed it from GDB file, thanks
    it's a bad reference to wrong file in some lines that direct to Joesville track
    replace those lines and it works ok

Woodee likes this.
  4. hstevefrancis

hstevefrancis Registered

New problem not been able to solve.
    The road surface runs ok now
    but the AIW is so frustrating.
    I do have xfinish gmt object load but it wont function as I pass it
    so no best line recording will be started, any reason?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Might be facing the wrong way.

6. hstevefrancis

hstevefrancis Registered

yes and fixed. sometimes I would like to blame the documentation..... which did not covered all the details.
    anyway another issue from colors. that all my racesurface_* objects loaded with wierd yellow color
    [​IMG]

but the other objects was fine. what's the issue?

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

is your racesurface attached to the rest of the objects?

8. svictor

svictor Registered

To avoid yellow coat, racesurface objects must use real road/kerb shader, and have _WET suffix at the end of material name. Check Joesville's racesurface objects for reference.

hstevefrancis likes this.
  9. hstevefrancis

hstevefrancis Registered

Thanks, that's the cure.
    I found the material is suck a big world in rF2.

moreover, any modding resource for crowd, 2d tree, 3d tree for rF2 ? I found almost nothing. The cheat sheet not help a lot.

10. svictor

svictor Registered

11. hstevefrancis

hstevefrancis Registered

Thanks for your reply, I also found some tutorial about gJed + 3dsimed for screen-aligned quads from your previous post, which is super useful.
    Here's my projects so far.

svictor likes this.
  12. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

You could use more polys in your track to get rid off some jagged edges (especially in corners). Modern GPU's can render pretty big amount of polys without major performance loss. ;)

svictor and hstevefrancis like this.
  13. hstevefrancis

hstevefrancis Registered

I will definitely do a Hi-res version after broad test.
    the goal is to run this mod for average performance PC and easy to manage.
    thanks to you advice. Is there any reference among polygon counts to a tracks v.s prefromance ? It would be helpful.

14. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Typical polygon size with legacy tracks (=non-point cloud surfaces) is 1,5 x 1,5 meters on straights. On corners 1 x 1 meters, or little bit smaller with tight corners.

On run-off areas polygon size is significantly higher, 2 - 3 meters or even higher than that. Same thing with other surfaces right next to drivable roads.

Outside drivable areas (behind barriers), polycount should be reduced as low as possible, keeping in mind that there is still enough verts to apply terrain material with appropriate shader.

15. hstevefrancis

hstevefrancis Registered

Update from my project

Comparison with real world track records

Emery likes this.