Porsche GT3 Cup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inactive user 0001, Sep 27, 2019.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

No mate, sorry, but in rF2 it's almost always tyre pressure to minimum...as long, as this is not having consequences, it transforms a lot of cars totally...

2. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I know. However your tires work like a spring in rf2, stiffer is a penalty (for common springs, as long as you do not hit bump stopper or road which is is in rf2 still a mysterium to understand, when did you hit them) And the increase in stiffness with more pressure is unrealistic high in rf2 imo. So you would need to counter the difference a different way.
    With 10kpa less in a warm condition fronts can became really nasty, agressive. But do what suits you best

This is also an issue not considered in the bop. For a hotlap pressure does not spread that much. You need 5-10 laps on s 1.5min lap to build up steady state, and you MUST go for a full stint and empty fuel to check stabillity at the end!!!!. So the penalty for a porsche to dramatically reduce grip on fronts to survive is not taken into account

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

If you find it really hard to drive and no pleasure, then I wonder what you'd say about Formula Vee , or Skip Barber on regional tires:)

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

well i m not sure how compatible the old cpm from skip barber is with the new laser scanned tracks like Sebring
    i drive skip barber in johnson club sebring layout and i like it cause it is very challenging and huge fun
    formula Vee is good for me on on Automobilista 1 and not in RF2
    BUT as for porsche cup if i set my tyres pressure at 117kpa i find the pleasure that i was missing...
    But again when i logged into iracing porsche cup i noticed that i cannot go lower than 141 kpa......
    must be a Pcup tire pressure restriction yes ?
    cause if i remember well the tire pressure in rf2 pcup unlocked after they gave us the Endurance options yes ?
    anyway low tyre pressure for the win !!!!!
    it transforms the car

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@avenger82 skip barber front tire presure 25 psi and 27 for the back
    perfection in sebring

6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I was talking about Formula Vee in rF2. At first it feels unrealistically difficult to control oversteer, much more so than in AMS, but after half an hour of practice you can handle it with decent pace( well mostly).
    As for the Porsche Cup, I really don't like unrealistic setups (117 kpa pressures). It does seem like an exploit and I don't know if it makes the car handle realistically.
    Check out this setup:
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....8-is-now-available.64159/page-14#post-1005806

It's actually close to real setups used for Supercup version, has much higher pressures, and still the car feels easier to handle than with default setup. But I'll need to test it more on different tracks to be sure it's not just me getting used to it.

Also you can try one of endurance versions, if Supercup seems too difficult on Sebring.

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@avenger82 yep in iRacing lowest tire pressure for porsche cup is 141 kpa

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's no such thing. The old tyres lack some features but have the same basic function, while newer tracks still provide a surface like the old ones did.

mesfigas likes this.
  9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Lazza thanks mate good to know

10. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I really like the porsche cup here compared to ACC.
    Here the rear engine characteristics are much more prominent and i definitely like that.There is a good power on understeer but only upto a point, if you keep pushing the rear will want to rotate even on power.
    Im currently using endurance hard springs model on Nords, supercup has no adjustment.
    Btw what is the difference between endurance model and supercup ? apart from setup options

11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

endurance has different aero and ABS is adjustable plus a bigger fuel tank i think
    also i think tire presure restrictions but not sure for this
    maybe endurance type of tires

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Bit more downforce, less power, different suspension. If I'm not mistaken

13. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Bigger fuel tank and more ABS options are understandable for endurance car.
    But what is the difference in aero ? do you mean that endurance version has less overall downforce or more overall downforce ?

14. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

I'm sorry but could you specify which model has more downforce,less power ? are you talking about supercup or endurance versions ?

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

endurance
    edit:
    The Endurance package consists of different dampers and 2 sets of softer springs, compared to the Supercup specification. The Endurance package also comes with ABS system and aerodynamic package: front fender flares + rear wing 10 mm gurney flap and restricts the engine power output to a nominal 413 PS. Additionally the Endurance package also comes with a possibility to refuel the car, with fuel tank capacity lowered to 95 L, compared to 100 L with the Supercup specification. The car also weighs 30 kg more. We’ve also added a couple of new shiny liveries, notably one that our very own René Buttler drives!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    davehenrie, Slip_Angel and avenger82 like this.
  16. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

Nice very good info. So supercup has better power/weight ratio but less aero.
    I wish they give us porsche cup with power and weight of supercup and aerodynamic,suspension and dampers of endurance model
    Edit: Just saw the info in-game,lol all i had to do is scroll down in description

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  17. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

18. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i think its circuit dependand ( it depens)
    different for le mans aero and different for Nords

19. Slip_Angel

Slip_Angel Registered

That will definitely complicate things.

20. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

no its fixed for circuit
    Le mans has different aero package for every category which is really diffferent for all classes compared to Spa endurance or Nurburing endurance for example
    also the fuel tank is bigger for tracks like 24 hours Nordsleife and le mans