Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1121 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

same. Even though it caused big problems today for VEC, I see progress, and hope this will get fixed soon

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

If you're using steamCMD SS, then try this;
    steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../SteamrF2-1120 +app_update 400300 -beta v1120 validate +quit

Obviously change the install directory to where you want it installed. Build ID should be 5150789

While I'm here @Christopher Elliott
    This is the first time that I've seen two dedi builds in a release, can you tell us what that's about please.

builds.PNG

SmellySkidmark likes this.
  3. Binny

Binny Guest

Wow so much done.

4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

We to are experiencing extreme mem usage with 1121 , 8 gigs used up just sitting idol o_O It's so much we had to cancel tomorrows 2 hr event .. upload_2020-9-5_15-21-58.jpg

5. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

It's a known issue. Rollback to 1120 on the server and have your drivers do the same and run your event that way.

6. Tom A

Tom A Registered

Looks like the update broke replays. All my replays made prior to the update show "Unsupported or Corrupted format. Could not open file"

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

just roll back to v1120 for recent replays and v1119 for older replays. Any NEW replay recorded with 1121 will work fine. It's just the older ones that have issues and those can be seen by rolling back. simple

8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

might be simple for those of us who have been around rF2 a while...newer users, not so simple... the same thing happened when we went from 1119 to 1120, obviously the fix was a bandaid, nobody sutured the wound and it’s reopened. :eek: :D

SmellySkidmark likes this.
  9. RoWo

RoWo Member

10. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....or-2-1-1121-now-available.67094/#post-1038448

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....or-2-1-1121-now-available.67094/#post-1038448

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/problem-with-replays-after-latest-update-1121.67095/

Justifier likes this.
  11. Justifier

Justifier Registered

12. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1121 Now Available!

Server Admins must update all dedicated servers
    Steam Build IDs
    Old UI (opt-out)
    • Client build ID: 5508421
    • Dedicated server build ID: 5508423
    New UI (public_beta)
    • Client build ID: 5508141
    • Dedicated server build ID: 5508142
    Includes Hotfix: 06-09-2020
    We have just released a hot-fix update to build 1121 that was released on Friday. That release turned out to have a small memory leak when in an online session, both on the client and on the server. After this problem was discovered on Saturday morning our developers worked non-stop to find and fix the issue, which has resulted in us testing a new build this morning and releasing it now. We encourage everybody to update their client and any dedicated servers they manage.

Top post is updated

13. Rob van den Berg

Rob van den Berg Registered

This Replay-bug is a very annoying bug, introduced with the previous build.I expected it solved with the v 1121 but is even worse.
    every new software release should be upward compatible wiyh data from previous versions. Downgrading to see replays is a very poor solution. When will this be fixed?

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't know it if IS a bug. They have made changes to the replay system, changes requested by users, and those changes are not compatible with older versions. Think if rF2 was not on Steam and we were forced to used whatever version S397 released. At least with the roll-back system, you CAN see the replays. Nothing broken, just not compatible.

15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Compatibility to previous replay files for me is not that important. But thats only my personal opinion. I only used replays shortly after a league race to examine some race situations.

Speaking about compatibility in general i think ISI and S397 did a great job in the past, cause we are still able to use cars and tracks (official content and mods) made since 2012 with 2020 sim code in physics and graphics. Yes there were minor graphics problems but more cause content or mod wasn't developed as clean as it should have (violating rules).

(I rather would have expected that in the last >8 years we would have gotten a new rF2 major version release, like rF2 3.0. So we buying new license for new rF2 3.0 not compatible with old content anymore and buying old content again, if even converted. Like AC -> ACC, AMS ->AMS2, or iRacing anyway with its expensive subscription model, the biggest cash machine in sim market.)

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    pkelly and ThomasJohansen like this.
  16. J7166

J7166 Registered

I thought Marrs mentioned it either in the RD interview or on Discord, maybe I'm just trying to wish it into existence lol AI are really bad at the moment.

17. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

@Christopher Elliott
    Looks like the hotfix has corrected the memory leak issue.
    We were monitoring the memory before & after on our server last night
    and it seemed stable once the update went on.
    Will let you know if we have issues tomorrow evening with our
    regular GT3 meeting.
    We normally have 25+ drivers so it won't take long to see if there is still
    any leaking.
    Cheers

*Edit* Apparently there are lag/spike issues when people enter or leave the server?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  18. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

rFactor2 is stuck in "Loading series all Tracks and cars" until it freezes! Anyone can help?

new UI - Public Beta

Also noticed that when clicking "Race" in the garage, to start driving, the pit menu comes along (like if someone was moving it) until it stops...

19. syntryx

syntryx Registered

I'm glad its not just me..

20. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Same - I have always had the issue with it - not just since 1121.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.