Radical SR3 Lose all tire/skid sound in the wet! Fix coming in next update!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul McC, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Aww! Did you give up your free time to write on a forum, aww! For once you are right me old mucka! For I never started a discussion with you, never asked you to follow me around various websites or Discord channels replying to conversations I'm having with other people. (There's a word for that) and accusing me of things I'm not doing. I've found your persistent interest in me rather unsettling and frankly disturbing. So I'm already having a nice day now that's all over with. Bye!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

It's not even the lack of wet sounds, none of the cars have that. It's that the tire sounds just disappear completely. As you say I'm pretty sure it would be a very easy fix, might have to start digging around in the files to see if there is one missing that can be replaced with some generic sound.
    Don't know how to do that but seeing as there's zero feedback from S397 I guess I'll have to find out.

There is also the problem with the Mercedes GT3 A.I. That has also been there since they came out god knows how long ago, where they crash out because the A.I. just turn the wheels to full lock when cornering, if anyone has any info on how to solve that I'd love to know.

3. doddynco

doddynco Registered

It is a very easy fix. It's one line of reference text in the .sfx file which is either missing or miss typed. I could fix it in 15 mins, and I would be completely willing to do so for S397 but I assume they would have licencing problems in allowing me to work on the car. In fact I'd gladly completely rebuild the Radical sounds because they are complete garbage and I can't stand them.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hmm, can you open SFX file with notepad?

5. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Yes, is the short answer. However, you firstly need to extract the .sfx from the .mas file, and in this case the .mas is encrypted, for licensing purposes.

Paul McC likes this.
  6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

7. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yep! Was just on the forum talking about it and Chris posted that, great news, made my day!

8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Well they are fixing it in the next update now, so won't have to. Sorted!

9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Bravo S397!

DriverJay and doddynco like this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, I missed that. Can you post it again?

Kevin van Dooren likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

of course, they didn't mention WHEN the next update will ship.....lolololol!