Radical SR3 Lose all tire/skid sound in the wet! Fix coming in next update!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul McC, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Try it, take out either of the the Radical SR3's (SRX or XX). The moment it starts raining you will lose all tire/skid sounds, just try locking the wheels or do a donut. The moment it stops raining, even if the track is still wet, they come back, its only when it stops raining. Lets get this fixed folks! You have three elements of feedback when sim racing FFB, Visual & Sound (unless you have a mega rig with motion platform and such, so you litterally lose a third of your feedback!

Please reply to this thread if you've experienced this so we can get it fixed! (or is it just me?) Cheers!

2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Heres a short video bug report of the problem and also a problem with the BMW M2 CS Cup A.I.

davehenrie likes this.
  3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

So is no one here experiencing this problem at all? I asked a mate on discord just to check if it was something wrong with my install, but he confirmed it as he experienced the exact same thing

4. Shadak

Shadak Registered

I checked it the other day and yes its an issue :) ... im not extremely bothered though as I rarely drive Radicals in wet. But it is annoying when it happens.

Paul McC likes this.
  5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

No mention of fixing this in the August roadmap

6. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Patience Grasshopper... it will come when it comes, there are some who have been waiting years for their pet peev to be addressed. ;)

Remco Majoor likes this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Spamming it here there and everywhere is not going to get it fixed quicker, if anything you'll just get ignored.
    You've made the bug report, it'll be logged in the system, it'll be fixed when priority allows. FYI there's many old bugs that still need fixing, get some patience please.

8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

If I were a grasshopper I'd have been waiting about 13.5 lifetimes by now. So evidently I've got more than enough patience

9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

FYI it's been over three years. Also I'd look up the definition of spamming, then you can stop accusing me of doing something I am not.

10. Goanna

Goanna Registered

totally missed the reference to the 1970’s show Kung Fu with David Caradine, you’re probably not old enough to remember it...showing my age now :D:D:eek:

Paul McC likes this.
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

FYI Posting multiple times in separate threads on different forums and discord is spamming! You only need to do it once in the Bug forum (even there you've done it twice)

Like i said, eventually you'll just get ignored, so for the final - time patience please

Remco Majoor likes this.
  12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yeah mate, I was'nt born till 79 so I missed that boat I'm afraid!

13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

So who are you then Marc, do you work for, or represent S397?

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Not exactly no, but I do help out occasionally with Bug Reports and forwarding them on. I'm just saying there's no need to keep banging the same drum ;)

15. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I'm confused, forwarding them? Could you expand please?

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Sometimes people don't post bugs to the relevant section, in a random news item on another website for example. If it's something I can reproduce then i forward it on myself, off my own back in my own time.

17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Right so you represent and are in contact with S397 and make them aware of any problems within the sim?

18. dylbie

dylbie Registered

The embarrassing thing here is that for someone who knows what they're doing (of which I'm sure there are many in the team), this is a 5 minute fix. It could even be less if it's just the SFX file that has a typo or something like that.

At the very worst case scenario - there aren't any bespoke wet sounds recorded for the Radical. In which case it's a slightly longer job of copying those from another car and pasting them in the Radical sounds folder as a placeholder until the correct sound can be recorded.

I honestly don't know how things like this slip through the net, and now with the Steam Workshop doing automatic updates of cars which have been updated, there really is no excuse for a quick hot-fix not to be done.

DriverJay, Filip and Paul McC like this.
  19. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Thankyou! My point exactly!

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

No i don't represent them, i just sometimes help them out in my own free time which in turn helps out the users... That's all, end of discussion, have a nice day.