Latest Roadmap Update - August 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 1, 2020.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

Attack Mode is not Time Attack

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

yeah i m sure there is a missunderstanding

3. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Appreciate the update

Mydriaz likes this.
  4. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Thanks for the roadmap. Looks like there's some good stuff coming, and good luck to Paul Jeffery in his new job. Hopefully he can engage a little bit more on these forums to stop the impression that it is abandoned by S397.

Now I have to give my honest opinion...

For months now I've seen my friends abandon rF2 whilst I have been hanging onto it by my finger nails. Unfortunately now I've given up all hope of the important things I would like to see fixed. I guess things like Formula E and eSports are where the money is, instead of detailed physics simulations or actual usability of the software itself. That's a sad reality which I have to accept.

But... eeerrrrgggghhhhh. Attack mode?! I'm not sad about it making it to our favourite simulator. I'm sad about it's existence in the real world of 'motorsport' in the first place.

I'd like to see less of this, and more V12s with manual gearboxes.

As much as I've tried to get into Formula E, it just doesn't do it for me. Slow cars that sound like RC cars, racing around mickey mouse tracks, only 2 gears, with F1 reject drivers. I know it's the future, and we have to save the environment and blah blah blah. But for me, simulation is about escaping to something that is out of our reach, something from history, something where exhaust emissions don't matter. Out of every single type of motorsport that exists I think Formula E would be at the very bottom of the pile if I was choosing.

I was half way through making the '65 Mustang 289 and '65 Austin Mini to go with the Cortina, but I think I'll wait now until the UI is finished, the competition is working properly, and there is some desire to implement a working transmission/clutch simluation which 90%+ of racecars in the real world have. For now with Formula E and Attack Modes taking focus, I have zero motivation to complete these cars.

McFlex, Bidle, pkelly and 2 others like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

+1!

Hazi likes this.
  6. sg333

sg333 Registered

I am guessing the focus on Formula E related stuff is all business/E sports related, because being polite about it, these seem to have minimal community interest. The tracks seem also like a waste because they have a very very limited use outside of their own cars.

7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Lol at the people crying about FE content. Don't want it, don't buy it. Simple as.

8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

S397 a small team.

I think what they mean is that they would prefer that all the money allocated to the creation of cars is for cars that have a minimum of dreaming (V12, no electric....).

9. strannikxxxxx

strannikxxxxx Registered

I was talking about the TimeAtack mode of the game, not the Atack mode FE.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  10. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

They should spend money on the thing I want and nothing else!

FORMULAEFAN71 likes this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I doubt this is community interest. It's more about people with money making bets that simracing e"sports" will be profitable someday and those fishy marketing studies showing that 10x more people watched the event than the actual number lol

sg333 likes this.
  12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Sadly 2 months for Studio397 means 2 years. I would like to see TCR and GT4 in rfactor2 but I know it will take years so who cares!

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The fact GT4 has been licensed by another sim may have also complicated matters.

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

why people in simracing always say things like this?
    these are not exclusive deals

Max.B18 and McFlex like this.
  15. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Is it really necessary to be that negative? We got the Ferrari 488 GTE in rF2. Was it even announced in a roadmap before we got it? (I at least can't remember). LeMans for sure was not. Surprise an no problem. Maybe S397 shouldn't announce anything anymore? -> No problems for them.

Do you really think the new announced Bentley Continental GT3 and Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo announced in this latest August 2020 roadmap will take 2 years to get released? I think they will get released within weeks.

Regarding TCR or GT4 i don't know, this was an RD interview one year ago. Though I too would like to read a statement from Marcel about these cars. Or what I really want is a bigger 24h Nordschleife starting grid (not only GT3s, lower classes are important too) or even more important for me are historic cars (like Ford GT40 or BMW M1 Procar..). But thats a different discussion.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    memoNo1 and GTClub_wajdi like this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Probably because we grew up in the age of exclusives.(Sony, EA, Sierra) But the fact the Corvette C8 is showing up on multiple platforms clearly shows exclusivity is a thing of the past. However, as a business, do you want to duplicate something that already has arrived and has probably acquired the attention of the user base?

17. AMillward

AMillward Registered

It seems like most people just drive the Nordschleife anyway :p

Remco Majoor likes this.
  18. vittorio

vittorio Registered

If you don't like Nordschleife and don't want it. Just don't buy it and don't comment on it. Simple as.

dylbie and sg333 like this.
  19. FORMULAEFAN71

FORMULAEFAN71 Registered

How do people complain about Formula E being slow that’s the most bs I’ve ever heard. It’s a f*cking race car for christ’s sake
    And the only reason people hate the tracks is because their street tracks and y’all just bad at driving on streets and not binning it in the wall every corner
    #FElivesmatter

Adrianstealth and Remco Majoor like this.
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Considering that my product is different of the others yes. Otherwise it makes no sense to license GT3, or a track like Spa, Monza and so on.
    I do believe GT4 is just grid fillers for offline racers tho, for online they have no use as long as GT3 exists, when the hype is gone so are they.