Ferrari 488 GTE Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C3PO, Aug 20, 2020.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Couple of issues: runnning the Le Mans setup at Le Mans and this car feels ridiculously front-end sharp. It feels like the rate of yaw change is too quick, it turns in far too quickly. Also however careful I brake it is incredibly easy to flatspot the tyres ... aside from changing braking completely - to the point that it becomes somewhat ineffective. The flat spots make the wheel violently vibrate....as you might expect in real life, except in real life it might be different locking up the tyres. I’m aware there is no ABS etc...

Also, can someone explain the engine modes...what does 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 etc mean? Also, these modes do not correspond to the mode on the bottom left notification screen. For example, Mode 1 on Dash results in “mode 2/4” on the notification panel.

Finally, I get no FFB whenever the car is in the pit lane / garage. FFB Instantly returns though exiting the pits. Running OSW 20nm with Granity software etc...

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Can you send us a trace file
    Also send me your Controller.JSON if you can

3. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi Chris - sure, will do.

4. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Hi Chris - here you go.
    This was simply pulling out of the garage and going onto the track and exiting the sim at Tetre Rouge. As soon as the pitlane is exiting, FFB is there. 100% reproducable.

Attached Files:

5. Stockers

Stockers Registered

I believe there's an issue also with the amount of laps the Ferrari can go on before pitting for fuel. At times it appears to do 3 to 4 laps more than say the Aston GTE. Not sure that's right.

6. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Assuming you're referring to mix setting, that's what it shows and you can set it in the setup screen. The dash display 0 - 3 and it corresponds to mix 1 to 4. Mix 1 Safety Car setting, Mix 2 Race Lean setting, Mix 3 Race setting and Mix 4 Qualify setting. The higher the setting the more fuel is used and the more power you should get.

7. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Thanks - quite confusing though with different numbers between the two screens.

8. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

I think they could have set it to 0 through 3 in the setup screen, but didn't for whatever reason.