Karts and AIW?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by nothke, Aug 25, 2020.

1. nothke

nothke Registered

I'm making a karting track and I would like to make an AIW with a.. you guessed it, a kart. The default Skip Barber is a chungus for my small track and it's impossible to use it for recording proper fast laps.

I tried putting the vanilla Kart cup_2014 mod into ModDev/Vehicles, but when the track finishes loading, AT THE VERY END, rFactor crashes with a missing reference error:

Code:
      27.12s tire_manager 1414: Non-existent tire brand ""
      27.14s main.cpp      290: onFatalError 11
    I put the mas from Sounds/TMTires, into the respective folder, thinking it might be the culprit, and that didn't do anything.

Then, I assumed it has to do something with the pace car and found this post about the same issue, however I tried a bunch more things, removing Skip Barber, adding pace cars from Installed folder, still crashes in the same way with the same error.

Now, the other way I see people installing things into DevMode is to unpack the mas file and see the connections in .gen file, mentioned here. However, the kart mas is encrypted so can't view the .gen.

Another thing is I found is the little utility to install mods in dev mode. However, with the Steam way of "subscribing" to packages, the packages don't exist anymore locally (or I just can't find them).

Is there any other workaround to do AIW with karts?

2. nothke

nothke Registered

Mangoletsi likes this.
  3. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

Probably you will need to reduce way point default distance or your driving lines will not be smooth enough, and auto generated grids will be too big (waypointspan= )
    Sometimes it is needed some fine text edit to achieve some features (pit transitions, auxiliar lines, etc)

4. nothke

nothke Registered

That's exactly what happened :( I already spent considerable time on making the AIW at default distance, but the tight turns are very jerky. Is there a way to subdivide the already existing waypoints? I see an "add between" but it adds a new waypoint at 0,0,0. Plus it crashes all the time. I used to mod rF1 back like in 2008 and it had the same problems, can't believe they didn't fix those bugs in 15 years

5. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

Yes, i think i recall that you would need to edit the AIW text to enable the new waypoints.

WP_PTRS=(1033,1035,-1,0) >>> this line to indicate previous and next waypoint, and other special codes. WIth AIW+CAMfile Editor you can get some important information about it.

It is not easy, probably you will end sooner doing everything again with reduced waypoint distance...