Community Videos Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

GeraArg likes this.
  2. Ermz

Ermz Registered

3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

So I finally got round to giving the Stockcar 2018 a proper go at some ovals!

I tried it out at NOLA and some road course's when it first came out and I've gotta say it feels great! Like you might expect a 750hp heavy stockcar to feel (not that I've driven one IRL which is why I say imagine)
    The weight transfer, general feeling of the tires, the feeling of driving it on the edge, the way it communicates under and over steer, how you have to look after the engine and of course... The POWER!

It's a monster of a challenge!

Then I tried to go proper NASCAR and take it oval racing. Of course the first place I thought of had to be Indianapolis! The Brickyard, Gasoline Alley, The Spectacle! I don't know much about NASCAR and have not tried it much since NR2003 but that's gotta be the place right?

Oh dear, did not know what I was letting myself in for!

4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

So I went back to Brookdale Speedway (Which I've since found out is based on Darlington Speedway in South Carolina) to try and complete a full race and feck me! Now I'm fully hooked!

I am getting a massive high out of oval racing now!
    This is what stockcar racing at Darlington did to me...

5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Finally got a chance to watch it, it's a properly good match! With that wheelbase those cars are perfect for the tight corners, look much faster through them than the formula E, and nice driving, you come out of turns so close to the wall! What is that music at the start? Acceleration of these things is just unreal, such high reves! Gunna have to go try this! So glad I bought into the E tracks pack, I love this track! Nice wheel setup by the way, that must be awesome to drive on!

memoNo1 likes this.
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

7. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

8. Mauro

Mauro Registered

It isn't laser scanned

9. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Round 8 race 1 with Xfactor Racing from Imola 94, I was determined to try and get to 10th from the back of the grid, unfortunately I kind of stuffed myself from the start.

10. muz_j

muz_j Registered

2 lap race of the Nurburgring, in the Senna GTR.
    My first race in it and there's some pretty obvious room for improvement, but 5th place against AI on 95% is good enough for me in my first proper drive of this car. I think it was a 7:34 lap from a standing start on the first lap and a second slower on lap 2, due to my two crashes.
    Next time I drive it, I'll try out a couple of things to improve the handling and see if I can pull a bit more too speed out of it too. I really enjoy the swearing from Crew Chief too - that adds to the immersion :)

memoNo1 likes this.
  11. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yep was my bad bud.
    Sry..

12. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Cool video - I hadn't seen that track before - nicely done.
    The squealing from that car under brakes is pretty nuts. I'd be asking my mechanic to look at that thing :)

memoNo1 likes this.
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

I never thought I'd say that, but: This car compared to the Cup Porsche, I tell you the Cup Porsche is a lamb

14. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Racing GT3s with the XFactorRacing league round 8 race 2 at Imola 94, this was a much better race!

Norman K. likes this.
  15. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

This is probably the most ground-breaking video of this summer, when it comes to simracing and the community surrounding it...

I, as an original backer of the first game, was smiling broadly for 22 minutes. Hit the nail on the head in the most savage and satisfying way I could imagine.

It may not concern rF2 directly, but it sure does indirectly, taking Ermins respect for rF2 into consideration. It's worth every watch in my humble opinion.

EDIT:
    A less sarcastical video has been released

It has the same points, it has a slightly more pragmatic approach, but it still deals with the elefant in the room. The mess, the unscrupulous Ian Bell and company has left in their wake.
    And why their actions, morally shouldn't be a fruitful business.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Norman K. and GeraArg like this.
  16. muz_j

muz_j Registered

2 Lap race in the Ferrari 2004 around the Nurburgring. 19 AI cars @ 95% difficulty, using a mix of ASR F2004's, FW26's and S397 McLaren MP4/13 (added in for visual variety, as they're a bit down in HP compared to the 2004 cars).

I'm not sure why, but this race felt relatively easy. Still a couple of mistakes but perhaps the F2004's handling suits me more than the Williams FW26. I guess 100%'s the next step with this car/track combo.

Norman K. and GeraArg like this.
  17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

18. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

This one's for me mate Stuart, who through these videos has decided to get into sim racing! Toppy A.K.A. Mark also gets a mention cause its his AIW im racing against. God Laguna Seca is such a fecking amazing track!

Commentary and history of the track included!

19. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Racing GT3s with the XFactorRacing league round 9 race 1 at Brno, this track is super hard on tyres, lots of off camper high speed corners.

20. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

I managed to take first place in race 2 at Brno :)

McKiernan likes this.