One of my most fun races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elcid43, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Hello everyone,

Just had one of my most fun races ever with the Mclaren Mp4/8 at Kyalami 1976 (fav car and track). Qualified 5th, got a bad start and fell back to 11th. Lost a few more places and got down to 15th. After finally settling in I worked my way back to 7th on lap 16. At the end of lap 17 (of 20) coming onto the front straight, I lost power and saw flames out the back, BLOWN ENGINE! Talk about running the gamut of high and low emotions, it was awesome.

To me, a game HAS to have realistic damage/failures to be fun, and RF2 definitely does a pretty good job of it.

Attached Files:

2. Raven_ARG

Raven_ARG Registered

I agree, mostly for offline races and affecting the AI. It increases realism, I saw a lot of races which a good portion of the grid retired due to failures.
    It would be nice if they added failures like: Water leak, Oil Leak, Partial suspension damage, Individual brake failure, Gearbox failure and Tyre punctures which affect in the performance of the car partially or totally. With an probability option in the menu. EG: Mechanical failures multiplier: Off/Normal/Time Scaled/3x, 5x, 10x , etc..

Surely it is an unique feature that other sims don't have.

3. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Yes, the "fear" of damaging the car adds another aspect to the game for sure. I would love to see more menu settings like you list for failures, and even the damage multiplier go higher than 100%. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Paul McC and davehenrie like this.
  4. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Can a tyre, puncture in Rf2? Crewchief told me it happened the other day but couldnt see any difference visually or low pressure on tyre. couldnt test driveability because the car was damaged otherwise.
    Puncture could be a fun damage factor, where the risk for puncture rise according to wear.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    memoNo1 and Elcid43 like this.
  5. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

I have had the same thing happen with Crewchief and checked the pressures on my Simhub dash and didn't notice any changes in pressures but I pitted for tires anyway. Next time I will keep on driving to see if there are any effects from it.

6. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Well, CC told me I had a puncture and I didn't seem to notice any difference after driving a few more laps so I don't know how accurate the puncture thing is. Dash did not show any difference in pressure either.

7. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

That is just Crew chief. Would be cool to have in RF2 though!

Elcid43 likes this.
  8. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Yeah, guess he's too busy trying to figure out a new way to swear and berate me to actually pay attention to tire pressures . I agree, it would be very cool though!