Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

Was this fixed? I just raced MCR at Kyalami, I only ever race cockpit on the triples, seemed ok to me? The AJR at sebring was OK too, and sebring is pretty damn bumpy at times. Maybe I am just used to it?
    I do not have stabilise horizon on, and my head physics is on whatever this is
    upload_2020-8-24_21-28-30.png
    maybe check the capture, be patient, triple screen upload is slow AF.. (maybe an hour from this post.. third world web ;) )

2. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Ceebee you dashboard still moves but not so much. This happens because your settings “counterbalance” somehow the on board bounciness.

Just to remind you that i use different settings than you:

I use:
    - head physics -> 0%
    - head vibration -> off
    - stabilize horizon -> off

Please use those settings with the mcr car in sebring. You will see the dash board moves up and down while it shouldnt be.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  3. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

I will give it a crack, just not sure why I'd like to make it worse on purpose? I have never touched those settings, its how the game installed? Have you tried reverting to "normal"? Understand that technically it "doesn't work", but there is a path of less resistance ;)

(fwiw if i used VR more, the AJR at Sebring would make me go puke-a-tronic, but no worse than a lot of cars at Sebring ;))

4. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

This happens ONLY with the Reiza car pack. Not with other cars. So i m sure it is a quirk of this pack (smth with the camera setting i suppose)

5. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Registered

Try setting the stabilize horizon option to low instead of off. It's still buggy, but when you set it to low the camera stabilization is barely noticeable.

Haris1977 likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This isn't about settings. The Reiza car cameras behave differently, I'm guessing the orientation rate settings, and it's up to Reiza to fix them.

Emery and Haris1977 like this.
  7. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

really enjoying that MCR2000, makes for some really tight racing at monaco. quickly becoming a new favorite of mine.
    I think someone already said it above, but, the ffb on the reiza cars seems to be nicely on point, I have not needed to use the per car multiplier with any of them yet.

8. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Just an update about the Reiza Car Pack bounchiness thing: I posted that "quirk" in AMS2 forums, so here is a screenshot with the answer from an AMS2 dev guy about this problem:

Untitled.png

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    atomed, Taranta, Paul McC and 3 others like this.
  9. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Rf2 reiza pack update before the end of the year
    Great news!

10. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

This is great news! I love the Reiza pack, tracks are great and love the Mcr's & Puma P052 but there are problems with the physics it seems on the Formula Vee & Puma GTE. The back end on both these cars just gets to a point in a minor slide where the tires just completely give up, they spin at ridiculous low speeds and from watching real footage of these cars race they don't behave like that, even with the weight of the engine in the back. Also I think the wheels on the Puma are a little too big compared to what I've seen. A.I. behave differently to S397 aswell I've noticed.

The MCR 2000 Is great btw, it's a good match for the Radical SR3, v similar cars, both British build, one in Peterborough (not far from me) the other in Wales, had some great racing with them!

11. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I find that the VIR track greatly deserves a PBR improvement, and to be as beautiful as SPA for example.
    Unfortunately S397 can't improve it, do you think Reiza will ?
    Also, the colors of the track, especially of the trees, is quite cartoonish.
    It's a shame, because this track has a fantastic layout.

12. Emery

Emery Registered

Reiza says they will get to PBR when they can, after new content for AMS2 is done.

pilAUTO likes this.
  13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

they can't realise their plans, all the dates were delayed, I remember the rF2 Reiza bundle has like 8 months delayed.
    The best option is to give up AMS2, it's a dead game, low players count, bad FFB and physics, just compare the rF2 Reiza cars with the AMS2 cars, in AMS2 it's easy, no throttle control, in rFactor2 its the pure simulation.

And the AMS2 fanboys who claimed it's closest to the reality :HAHAH, it's closest to Project cars 2 !

14. TTM

TTM Registered

I don't expect to see updated Reiza pack very soon, if never. There is new content coming to AMS2 next year, so don't hold your breath.

CeeBee likes this.
  15. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

The development of AMS2 has been fast and furious, and while still leaving much to be desired, given its relatively young age its trajectory is looking very good and looking to overtake rf2 quite soon (considering it has very poor online coverage currently thats quite impressive), with rf2 being virtually stagnant in its player base despite massive spike covid gave simracing.

I do love the reiza pack in rf2, (judd v10 @ ibarra is my current goto in rf2), but, given Reiza are building in a new engine without all the boat anchors of the rf2 engine id prefer to see their efforts remain in AMS2 and get it up to speed for multiplayer and content.

AC - Orange
    ACC - White
    RF2 - Green
    AMS2 - Blue

upload_2020-11-30_5-30-51.png

Paul McC likes this.
  16. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That graphic doesn't tell the real history. Ignoring the months of the pandamic that caused some fake outs on all sims and focusing on avg players in 30 days, rF2 resumed its growth rate. AMS2 just now managed to beat AMS1 and that was thanks to GT3.

17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Oh yes,AMS2 is coming on leaps n bounds! RF2 I've always thought has some of the best A.I. in the business and I love racing them as well as my online race'es but, there are area's where AMS2 is advancing past RF2 in this regaurd, then again RF2 is still top when it comes to attacks from the rear [insert inuendo here], and them getting past you, uless of course its the A.I. trying to overtake a slower lapped car in a multiclass race of course, then they fall apart. The BMW CS Cup I bought and paid for and would really love to enjoy but unfortuately its good for nothing but hoplaps as the A.I. for that car are to put it bluntly, completely fecked! Its been too long so i've nearly given up hope that they will ever be fixed but still hold a candle as I'd love to actually enjoy a race with that car!
    But yeah, AMS2 A.I. getting better and better, not to say they don't have their issues aswell though. Overall i get into either sim and generally the same thing happens... I have a fecking good time!

Dady Cairo, CeeBee and lagg like this.
  18. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

Ha, ya, some part of that AI got fixed in the last release, but, prior to that if you happened to by side by side with AI when the ai line moves across the track, you were toast, slam city. I think the fix broke the fix though, because now for some tracks where the ai line moves away from centre immediately after start, the ai seem to be in a spin on how not to slam each other and still follow the line, Ibarra now suffers this and Hockenheim a bit. Sucks to be a dev I guess, damned of you do, damned if you dont ;) Love them bth though.

19. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

The tracks made by reiza has very low mirror distance visible, s397 tracks as pir, spa, nurb has much muck more visibility in mirrors, how to adjust mirrors distance at reiza tracks?

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

In your player.json

Change to false?