Issues with Stock cars 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by avenger82, Aug 5, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Robes

Robes Registered

Thanks Mike, it's great to hear. However, this isn't just a concern with Oval racing, we need similar event setups for other disciplines and also fixes for the AI. RFactor 2 is a wonderful sim when it all comes together.

2. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Well hopefully the work I do can carry over to the other stuff. going to be working really close with Marcel on this.

3. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Dot not load wet tires. I messed up and did not include them. I will makes sure they get added with next update.

Eric Rowland and avenger82 like this.
  4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hi Mschreiner! So glad i read this post, its so encouraging to see a dev getting involved and asking for feedback, im really pleased to hear about the work you're doing on the A.I. and I love the new stockcar, ive recently made a video about it and the problems i encountered running it at indianapolis, which ive already posted in this thread https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/latest-roadmap-update-july-2020.66839/page-9 Its post 164. You've probably not got time to sift through that but you asked for feedback so if you wanna its there. There seems to be a problem with the A.I. at turn 2.

Im very interested in what you said about full course yellows not working in All cars and tracks. I did try a race with stockcar rules plugin on at The Brickyard and I had gone in using all Cars/tracks, but i did get full course yellows after the inccidents in turn 2.

Im also very pleased to hear about general A.I. improvements, v happy Indeed! Especially when it comes to slipstreaming!

Really great to see your post, its got me exited about whats to come in my favorite sim!

5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Just for a bit of positive feedback!

6. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Woohoo! A very kind fella called Ace just replied to one of my posts over at RD and advised this:

"will help with your Blue Flags issue thus allowing you to use Flags in your races!
    Look in your UserData/player/player.JSON > "GPRIX BlueFlags#":"0=none, 1=show but never penalize"

This is great! Now I can use flags again, will test out as soon as I get a chance, if it works I'll be chuffed to bits!:)

7. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I am putting together a race event you can load that has Stock Car setup properly in RFM. going to try to make it Stock Cars with all tracks for Full course Yellows Stock Car style. Road courses will be more like normal road course Flags though. Would suck to get FCY every time a car went off track at a Road course.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Back in my GT3 league in EEC I used FCY online, the value if I'm not mistaken was 1.50, worked nicely for road courses ;)

9. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Thanks Will!

10. DriverJay

DriverJay Registered

Just thought id sign up to say thank you for putting in the effort to make the Stockcar A.I better,
    Cant wait to hear and see the results you come up with

Superdevil likes this.
  11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Great stuff! Looking forward to this, agree about the roadcourse. Thanks for all the work you're doing!
    Do you know if anything is being done with Indianapolis? Seems to be a problem with the A.I. getting through turn 2 on first lap, 9 times out of 10 there is an accident, that's with A.I. set around 100% strength?

12. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I will look at Indy to resolve that.

Eric Rowland, DriverJay and Paul McC like this.
  13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

You Sir, are a star!!!:)

14. Wayne Hutchison

Wayne Hutchison Registered

While it's great to add a good oval car mod to rF2, it'll never compete with iRacing and it's tight relationship with NASCAR at all levels. Just the way it is. IMO, rF2 has two big advantages over most other sims - 1) great physics and 2) open architecture for mods. Unfortunately 90+% of the sim racing population can't tell good physics from bad, and Asseto Corsa makes modding so much easier than rF2 - as witnessed by the nearly 8 times greater participation in AC than rF2 - it's easier to get into, get modded, and get racing. If S397 can figure out how to improve the user experience, and convince the mass market that it's physics are truly superior then it might get somewhere. Constantly touting the physics with a bad user experience is getting them nowhere.

15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Do you look like the guy from fantastic four, or is that the guy from FF?

mschreiner likes this.
  16. Filip

Filip Registered

I don't believe harder modding has anything to do with user numbers. There is a lot of mods for rf2, more than enough for anyone. And there is no easier way to install mods than what rf2 offers: just click a subscribe button.

DriverJay likes this.
  17. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I actually look like him. LOL

LokiD likes this.
  18. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

I finally got time to give the 2018 Stockcar Mod a run and its a big thumbs up from me, they are brutes to drive.
    First race against the AI was great, it was a pleasant shock when I was passed by AI driver Josh Hoare.
    Alas Josh is no longer with us :(, a respected young man, he was a Clean, Fast and Fair Racer, both Sim and Real Tracks.
    He was a regular competitor in most Aussie Leagues and Euro Endurance Leagues, when Josh Logged onto the server usually right before Qualifying you knew you were now racing for 2nd place :).
    So a big thank you to the devs for remembering him in this way.
    Looking forward to the updates mentioned, and future improvements.

Thanks

19. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

This is true Duke, the best Sim racer I have a ever driven against..

RIP Josh
    You are a legend..

TheGame316 and BigDuke6 like this.
  20. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

He raced Stock Cars at stockcarsimracing.com for awhile. I was not fortunate to race against him (due to working on SC2018) but was told about how good he was. Then I heard the news we lost him and it was a no brainer to include him as a default driver.

Cheers!

Manfredk2, wrxxy, TheGame316 and 3 others like this.