Goodwood Circuit

Discussion in 'Locations' started by mantasisg, Nov 19, 2018.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thank you.

I was a big fan of older Goodwood mod, and I drove it so much. I respect it's creators, but must say that in terms of accuracy it was incredibly off. I have had to make one track (Nemuno Ziedas) without proper data, and I know what it takes to try to make things reasonably accurate. Thankfully there was a LiDAR data for Goodwood, so it was easy there.

I can't wait for 1967 cars set update to be out. It is really awesome to have 1954 cars car set.

I agree about AI, those were mostly big compromises so AI would stay on road. Since then I have learned quite a bit things about how to model physics and adjust AI per car. I learned that it is the issue of the physics/AI modeling of the car if it drifts out too easily. So in future there will be much less compromised AI fastest patch. Same will go for blocking path, because I keep finding AI opening good opportunities to overtake as they block at some spots, rather than actually defend the position.

Thats true about bumps. There may certainly be bump there and there which shouldn't be in the surface really. But there are also bumps that certainly belongs to the track, so thats the reason why it is not a simple option just to make track smoother. By the way, there are few bumps which I am certain being wrong, and in mesh it is very hard to detect them precisely, because it is something like 1cm dip/bump over 50 meters, will be working on that.

pascom, woochoo and Seven Smiles like this.
  2. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Quic Vic likes this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Oh yes, it sure is. But I only have had little time to enjoy it yet, because been too busy recently. I think it is awesome car, I need more time with it.

4. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Hi chaps, we'll be racing mister Mantasisg's excellent Goodwood mod on Sat. the 21st. Have our own little revival. Feel free to join us (40 mins race), Discord link: https://discord.gg/Vy6aAZE

[​IMG]

Corti likes this.
  5. coxy267

coxy267 Registered

Fantastic work man, love the map!!

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

You are welcome. Thank you for using the track, people.

mister dog likes this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Just wanted to make a post regarding recently released 1118 build which brought up some rF2 core graphical tweaks. Wanted to point out that it quite negatively impacted looks of this mod, Goodwood simply didn't fit the changes and improvements of 1118. Hopefully will restore it and improve after S397 will release documentation for new shaders, but only if I will be able to do so in the first place, because I used to do shaders with gJed, and gJed is not supported anymore... so lots of unknowns. In the worst case scenario, I'll just use gJed again and will just try to bend old shaders to look good, as now lots of materials are very out of balance.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    svictor, Emery, GPNeville and 5 others like this.
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Some time last week, or perhaps a bit earlier than that (so busy I lost sense of time), I got little retouch for Goodwood with great success. Basically just adjusted some colours, adjusted some specularity shading parameters, borrowed few lines from newly updated Loch Drummond .scn file, and the track looks a lot better in many ways. I wonder if I should update it here, soon. People interested in Goodwood in rF2 community ?

By the way, nice detail about Goodwood Chicane painting scheme. It is same as Belarusian flag that people are using in protests nowadays. Stay strong, people ! Are there any Belarusian simracers interested in Goodwood Circuit ?

[​IMG]

Emery, jimagn, lbird and 11 others like this.
  9. Corti

Corti Registered

ME!!
    [​IMG]

10. Mauro

Mauro Registered

I'm Very interested in a goodwood update

Useful with a lot of historic cars and online events too

lbird and Corti like this.
  11. dylbie

dylbie Registered

It's a big yes from me! I tested the physics of the Cortina a lot using this track so it almost feels like it's natural home!

lbird, Mauro and Corti like this.
  12. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

The update would be great!

lbird likes this.
  13. Denis Betty

Denis Betty Registered

Yes please. :)

14. Mauro

Mauro Registered

VFR will be happy for their upcoming goodwood revival league this november

[​IMG]

Corti and lbird like this.
  15. oldman

oldman Registered

Love Goodwood. Yes, please update.

lbird likes this.
  16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thats awesome ! Didn't expect so much interest. Thank you, guys. I'll try to make small (but nice) update very soon. Idealy I'd love to make bigger and better rounded update, but for now not everything is possible to me.

17. lbird

lbird Registered

Every little thing that helps Goodwood to get better is appreciated big time. The circuit deserves every bit of detail. Oh, and by the way, can i have a Spitfire overpass please? :)

18. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Oh... I surely have such hopes. It would be epic to have revival, members meeting and trackday layouts. Animated flags, jumbo screens, passenger carrying tractor trolleys around the track and spitfires landing over madgwick or woodcote would be cherry on top.

Or even low pass by the pitlane :D

Well, after these I ended up watching Jurgis Kairys aero acrobatics lol, most notably flying upside down under the bridge. I guess planes craze got me too :D

Seven Smiles, Wee_Eck and lbird like this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Updated link in the opening post.

Don't mind the version number it means nothing.

This isn't big update, don't expect anything much. The main aim was to adjust basic looks for current rF2.

Legend, Churrinche, svictor and 8 others like this.
  20. Mauro

Mauro Registered

nice work

Goodwood map:
    [​IMG]

some shots (no post effects):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    Churrinche, Emery, makan and 2 others like this.