Building a setup list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheBigDawg, Mar 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

Just making sure I had the car right

George Herringhaw likes this.
  2. George Herringhaw

George Herringhaw Registered

I made a breakthrough!! I stumbled on someones forum comment about the cup car working well with the lowest tire pressures.
    I went back to the default setup, took the tires down to 16 psi on the left and up just a click or two on the right side to equalize pressures as they heat up.
    Took all the front negative toe out and added one click of wing. I also moved the brake bias even more to the rear.The car feels so much more drive able, over steer is easily managed.

Update: I made the right side camber -4.8 to get more heat into the outside of the tire

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  3. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

Yoooooo that's huge. I'll keep that in mind. Just had alot going on here recently so it's been a very busy month. Wifes been sick and I've been fighting a lower back injury

4. George Herringhaw

George Herringhaw Registered

Ok, I retract my statement from May16th. After a month of testing almost daily I was really getting frustrated that even though I could get a good lap in here and there, I was still struggling to handle the car through a 30 minute session. I went back to this thread and followed the setup shared by Paul Mc C almost to the letter. https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/porsche-cup-ai.64187/
    The setup is on page 3, post # 47.I hesitated to use it for a long time because it is for another circuit, try it, its pretty flippin decent!
    I haven't tested anywhere else in a while, but for Sebring here are my changes to Paul's setup.

Sebring base setup=
    Front 0 toe, 5 arb, tires 22.8L 23.1R psi, 3.5 camber
    Rear .234 toe, 2 arb, tires 21.5L 21.9R, 3.5 camber

I messed around with camber for a good while before I settled on 3.5 front and rear. I had been trying to get even tire temps L to R side with asymmetrical camber. The grip is pretty good on the outlap and about lap 3 or 4 you can really feel it starting to work for you.

atomed likes this.
  5. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

I'll check it in a bit

6. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

And yes I'm gonna build for the new 488 as well

7. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

So in a FURTHER update the g27 I've been using for a decade has been retired in favor of a t150 with a set of t3pa pedals and a th8a shifter. So....ya boi done got it stepped up. Getting used to the wheel then back at it. Add to it I've got a 24 hr at LM in iRacing coming up and I'm busy lol. Considering personal life has been shakey this is a welcome distraction.

8. Jaithe

Jaithe Registered

Hello, do you happen to have any setups for the oreca 07, preferably at le mans. The setup file I found on the site mentioned before in this thread was empty and did not contain any information/text. So if anyone has something, that would be wonderful. Thank you in advance!

9. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

Working on a setup that's likely to be run next month. I'll get to ya

10. Jaithe

Jaithe Registered

Oh that would be great! Will the race you been doing be streamed anywhere to watch by chance? I know of the official one in rF2 but not of the iRacing one.

11. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

When it gets closer I'll promote it

12. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

so between the setup building, life being hectic here (personal matters that have gotten legal...family is fine but other stuff....) and getting ready for not just 1 but 2 Le mans races....ive been BUSY. but i will also update things here - i originally didnt plan on doing the stock car mods (resurection mainly) because there werent alot of nascar tracks. well um....according to the steam workshop there is. so add them to the list.but we are still working boys!!!

pkelly likes this.
  13. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

we are still alive here boys. im still working. its just been wild here. wife has been sick and in the er a couple times. ive been under the weather and little man has had school. but we are alive and well. got used to the new thrustmaster wheel and working my tail off. first batch of sets will be out shortly.

Stockers and VirusGR42 like this.
  14. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

boys its been a long road but between life, turning laps in competitive races and everything else part one of this story is done. the 1968 eve f1 mod is DONE setup wise. remember im building these setups off the schedule the cars actually ran and using tracks either historically accurate or close to it. time to go modern and the apex 2020 indycar mod

atomed likes this.
  15. atomed

atomed Member

Hey Dawg, do you agree what's being said about the McLaren 720s that setups don't matter much with it? I'm intending to drive with it.

16. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

Setups always matter because you can't take one setup to say watkins glen and then expect to run lime rock the same way. So they do matter. The mclaren might be more adaptable...but setups matter

atomed likes this.
  17. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

I bumped into this thread since i am completely struggling to like the AMG in this game.i am a new comer to RF2 and not enough time with work and family commitment to spend on setups.
    Would you mid sharing yours for this car? Really vague wheel center and high understeer is killing the pleasure of driving it for me.

Thanks a ton!

18. Mark Lloyd

Mark Lloyd Registered

Nothing really. For Le Mans Rear wing to 2. Tyre pressures to minimum. Subsequently driven more laps in other GT3s and at most tracks am quickest in the M6.

19. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Ok thanks

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

T
    The AMG has a completely different FFB response to the rest of the GT3 cars. If you want a front engined drive, try the Aston or Calloway. There are several threads about the AMG's ffb and while some really really like it, the rest of us think it has some glaring error.