Can't exit game

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Moving Violation, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Moving Violation

Moving Violation Registered

All of a sudden I cannot exit the game. When I go to the exit screen and click exit the screen freezes. I tried using task manager but when I try to close the app I go back to the exit screen. The only way I can exit the game is to use task manager to log out. I have reinstalled and verified files in steam.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Running any plugins? What hardware are you using?

3. Moving Violation

I am running with 16 gb ram, Ryzen 5 2600x CPU with a GTX 1660 TI GPU with 6 Gb ram. I've been running the game with no problems for a while. This just came out of the blue. I have no plugins.

Edit: I have noticed some other odd behavior while trying to run a race. It takes over 4 minutes to load a track. Also, the car will not remain in gear going back to neutral. I am usig manual shifting and auto clutch. I have seen messages in task manager that indicate the application has stopped working. I don't know if this is an application issue or windows problem.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  4. Moving Violation

UPDATE: I managed to get the game so that it now runs normally with no excessive load times when loading a track. The game itself loads normally. I still have the problem of not being able to exit the game from the exit screen. I did come up with a workaround. Before I open the game I open task manager and minimize it. When I want to exit the game I hit alt + tab while still in the game. This allows me to close the app without going to the normal exit screen which still freezes up. At least I can play now but I would like to find out what is causing this problem.