[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. amishracing

amishracing Registered

Thank you for the response, Nibo.

2. Chris English

Chris English Registered

I need to remove an invalid lap time from the track records section and from the practice session result. Is this possible - if so how can it be done?

3. amishracing

amishracing Registered

Maybe what you're looking for

Attached Files:

• dd.png
      dd.png
      File size:
      79.1 KB
      Views:
    Chris English likes this.
  4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Chris English, as amishracing said, you can try "Remove this record" option, but it will remove whole xml for that session with all other results.
    There is no functionality to remove lap(s) from log file in r2la. You can try to do this manually (make a backup copy of xml before this), open xml in some text editor, find <driver> block for that driver name, and remove that whole <driver> block (from <driver> to </driver>). This will remove all driver laps and his name from that session.
    If you need to remove only one lap time from driver, it is more complicated (and I did not test this). Find that <driver> block, find a lap time in question in <Lap ... > tag and substitute lap time value with "--.----" (without quotes). Then find BestLapTime tag for that driver and substitute it with new best lap time or if it does not exist, remove BestLapTime tag completely.

Chris English likes this.
  5. Chris English

Chris English Registered

6. HarryHibbs

HarryHibbs Registered

Hi Nibo, I'm late to the party but great to see you still actively supporting your Log Analyzer. Sadly I can't get the local server to run on my machine. I get an error when the batch file runs. I tried instead going into the web2py folder and running the correct .exe from there but after doing that I get a 'not found' error in chrome when I enter the local IP address. I am suspecting some issue with my machine that is preventing the local server component from running.... any ideas? Thanks in advance!

7. HarryHibbs

HarryHibbs Registered

This is the error I get...

web2py Web Framework
    Created by Massimo Di Pierro, Copyright 2007-2020
    Version 2.14.6-stable+timestamp.2016.05.10.00.21.47
    Database drivers available: psycopg2, pymysql, imaplib, MySQLdb, sqlite3, pyodbc
    ERROR:Rocket.Errors.Port8000:Socket 127.0.0.1:8000 in use by other process and it won't share.
    WARNING:Rocket.Errors.Port8000:Listener started when not ready.

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

That port is already in use by some other program on your machine.
    You need to start web2py on other port. You can do this in 2 ways:
    1. Start F2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.3x\web2py\web2py.exe and enter some other number in Server Port field. Try 8080, 8100 etc.

2. If you need LiveTiming, then open rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.35\r2la_live_timing.bat file in text editor and add "-a 'x' -i 127.0.0.1 -p 8000" to last line, file must look like this (enter your new port number after -p):
    Code:
    cd web2py
    start web2py.exe -S r2la -M -R applications/r2la/private/live_timing.py
    start web2py.exe -a 'x' -i 127.0.0.1 -p 8000
    Where 'x' is a password for web2py and does not really matter.

You will need to enter the same new port number in chrome, like http://127.0.0.1:8080

Keith Carter and HarryHibbs like this.
  9. Rantal

Rantal Registered

Hi, if I am running two rfactor 2 servers on the same machine, is it possible to use 2 instances of r2la to record times on both servers? Secondly, is it possible to optimize the layout of r2la to view it correctly even from a smartphone? Sorry for my english

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, if you start second r2la on different port. How to do this is described in my previous post. Or you can use one r2la instance and add second path to your second rFactor2 install ".../Results" folder (needs to be full path) on r2la "Options" page.

I don't think I can do more with design if r2la tables don't fit smartphone screen. On 8 inch tablet it looks more or less fine for me, but I don't have smartphone to test.

11. HarryHibbs

HarryHibbs Registered

Awesome! Success! Thank you sir.

12. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Registered

Hi, @Nibo !

I have a question.. I need edit manually a r2la_settings.json and after this, I can't import this file with some championships:

ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded...

What I can do to import this file again?

Thanks in advance!

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

That depends on what did you edit. Maybe you forgot a "," or to close brace "}". You can send me that json file I'll look, but tell me what line(s) you changed.

If you have your r2la instance that created that settings.json, then you can make a new settings.json again. Just open some championship options, change some value and press "Save", settings.json should be created. settings.json file is (re)created on any change to championship basically.

14. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Registered

I don't found the mistake in settings, but I know that the mistake was in path line.. hahaha
    I created a new file and paste the other lines, now works perfectly!

Thanks! Now, I will make a backup!

15. slfcruz

slfcruz Registered

Hi Nibo,
    Thank you for your tool and for keeping it updated. Thank you very much for your service.

From what I read in the chcangelog and in the comments, it is not possible (yet) to generate a driver and team ranking page and a driver and team statistics page.

The Ranking elects pilots and teams over the last 12 months - or 21 rounds - played with their victories, seconds and third places, Top 5, Top 10, poles-positions and other criteria noted for the sum and subtraction of points.

Statistics place the drivers with their total data (since the beginning of the installation) and ordered in order of disputed GPs, but the user is able to filter each item in order of greater or lesser to observe the career of each driver, including the number column of each competitor's titles - and the columns separating championship titles of weights 3, 2 and 1.

It would also be interesting to be able to export this data (ranking and statistics) to an Excel spreadsheet and / or MySQL database.

Such features would be quite useful.

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Some of what you are describing is already available on "All time stats / Custom stats" tables (links at the top of "Championship manager" page). At the moment I have no plans to do more for ranking/stats, it is technically pretty difficult to collect this info in r2la since all championship tables/data are not stored calculated, but are re-calculated "live" on every request (with some page caching).

buzz hornet likes this.
  17. Jason Mullin

Jason Mullin Registered

I am new to log analyzer really like it.
    Must I exit rF2 after each race to manually update it?

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You can press "Refresh" in r2la whenever you like, you don't need to exit rF2. New xml files are created by rF2 only on session end (on exit to main menu).

Jason Mullin likes this.
  19. David Acorn

David Acorn Registered

Two questions, login is failing always, I set it up using a un/pw but it always fails, can I reset this? Second is how do I set up the championships I want for my offline play? Thanks!

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

No, there is no way to reset Dedi mode admin name/password. You will have to un-zip new r2la instance and start it from scratch and enter new name/password in the first form.

It does not really matter for r2la whether your championship is online or offline. You just assign results that you want to races that you yourself create in r2la. r2la does not interact with rFactor2 and does not change anything there, it just reads xml log files.

Create a championship in r2la, then create Races for your championship and as soon as you've run some races in offline mode in rFactor2, pressed "Refresh" in r2la, then you can assign that race results to championship races.

You will need to make sure that AI names list stays consistent through your offline championship races. Not all cars/mods in rF2 support that. With mods, that have season drivers assigned to cars it is easier (Enduracers mods, some F1/Indycar mods) - you will have to count number of cars for that mod/season in the list in UI and set AI count to that number minus 1 (you car).

With S397 GT3 I had to go to track without AI, then add AI cars one-by-one with "Add AI" button. Like, 5 Mercs, 5 McLarens and so on. Then AI names were consistent every time.