Latest Roadmap Update - July 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 31, 2020.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Typical euroland self-centeredness. Matsu, is a 3pa version of Suzuka. (a rather well known endurance/F1 track) I'm shocked the Aussie clan hasn't seen this yet and taken you to task for not recognizing Mt Panorama. I give you credit for not including any of those modern F1 creations, although COTA is an improvement over most of them. Road America, Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Laguna, Sears, Lime Rock, ....plenty of great tracks all 'round the world. Take off those Elton John glasses and see what you are missing.!

Comante likes this.
  2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You failed at sarcasm, go back to school

Badboy, dylbie, Remco Majoor and 4 others like this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@davehenrie hope that didn't take any skin off as it whooshed over your head :cool:

Emery, dylbie, Remco Majoor and 3 others like this.
  4. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

Thanks to some painters in the RaceDepartment and Stockcarsimracing.com . I thinks was a combination of Rob Fitness and Mike Hebb design. But was Rob Fitness made the fake logo sponsors
    https://www.racedepartment.com/members/rob-fitness.115661/
    http://stockcarsimracing.com/garage2/index.php?action=profile;u=1920

GeraArg likes this.
  5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I think Marcel had spoken of a very well-known European track arriving, hence the fact that we are talking about European tracks.

There are plenty of excellent European tracks, but SPA ticks 4 essential boxes (Nurburgring which we have already ticked all imaginable boxes) :

- Gigantic popularity in real life and in simulation.

- Most people agree that any great Simulation should have a good SPA if possible laser scanned.

- It's a beautiful track in the middle of the forest.

- And above all the layout is really fascinating.

pkelly and Rui Santos like this.
  6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The Aussie clan hasn't taken me to task because they could see it was a joke XD

davehenrie likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

so too was my too subtle reply! :)

8. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

Plz dont forget to fix the issue where some cars seem to ignore stabilize horizon settings (cockpit is too bumpy).

And yes Head physics and lock to horizon are both disabled (off) in my settings.

3 of those cars: The MCR 2000, METALMORO MR18 and the PUMA 052.

*This is very distracting especially in tracks like Sebring...From my view i think it is very easy to be fixed..

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Without being able to look at the files to confirm, I think it's very likely this is due to the camera settings in that Reiza content and not the game itself. So it's up to Reiza to fix in a future update.

Emery and dazzer like this.
  10. RockShark

RockShark Registered

I would have thought lock to horizon would need to be enabled for it to work? I remember some saying that high wasn’t stable enough.

11. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Actually, "they" say that phrase (insert location) pretty much everywhere.

Seven Smiles likes this.
  12. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

The question is: do the devs know about this issue? Cause it has been spotted in other threads too..

And secondly: what Reiza has to do with it? Isn’t S397’s content?

Paul McC likes this.
  13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

No, the cars by Reiza are produced for rF2 by Reiza. S397 is only providing them a store to sell content. ALL the Reiza cars and tracks can only be updated by Reiza. They made several updates early in the release cycle, but since that time, they have a new sim of their own to worry about, they haven't made much effort to keep up with the changes in rF2.

14. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

If this is true it is sad..Cause apart this there are lots of quirks in this game that havent been fixed yet

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

They know and tried to fix it already. According to Reiza their cars have the same settings as S397 content and they don't know why it isn't working. They said they'd take a look later but they are busy with AMS2

16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Really, can't imagine hearing that in the desert, L.A. or Australia too much

17. Haris1977

Haris1977 Registered

I was afraid of this...:(

18. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Let's talk about the roadmap in the sequence S397 did.

Content: putting out the 'old' collections is OK I suppose, but we're still going to be in the state of release of new cars in existing classes, and how everyone is going to need to have all of them to race online. Though I've gotten myself up to date on GTE cars, I'm soon going to have to buy two GT3s to keep that full set current. Fairly sure the Ferrari will only be offered on its own, no mention as to whether the new Bentley will be free as an upgrade like the Audi Evo was, or a full new car. I'm hoping for 'vehicle dynamics' updates and BoP for all GT3 cars to bring them up to GTE quality also. But see below why adding to content might not happen, at least for a long while.

But still, we're terribly lacking in NEW tracks and not PBR updates to existing ones. Lots of requests in this thread for Spa; something needs to start happening here soon. What plans for updates to the 3PA tracks, including esepcially the oval tracks, which seem to have lots of (non-graphical) problems?

Code: whilst its OK to focus on that functionality that blew up the online events, there's desperate need now to also look at AI. No point in having nice cars if you can't build races to go against them in offline/AI modes, Billy Strange's video on his struggles with stock cars bears this out. It's time to redesign and rebuild the 'build a race' UI and rules settings, both for offline and for online. It's almost impossible to create a fully working online event without knowing a 20-step process and how to hack various files and settings. It's got to change, from meaningful defaults for different event types/styles to having this done outside of JSON files.

The biggest disappointment for me in this roadmap was the buried info on competition system and UI. Nothing until December? Ouch!!! The existing GT Challenge competitions themselves are of zero interest to most regular players. Having had all the interest of the pros competing in esports at the start of the pandemic, not having a competition system "for the common man" throws away all that momentum. No matchmaking systems or apparent putting things in place ahead of this, either (e.g. rating systems), or league infrastructure. Frankly until this is ready, there's no point buying more content.

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi I’ve had a break for about 1.5 years
    Is everyone using the new UI now ?

( will be building a new PC this winter )

20. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

We are all riding hoverboards now. =D

Adrianstealth and Filip like this.