Oreca top speed at lemans, human vs ai

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by williang83, Aug 8, 2020.

1. williang83

williang83 Registered

I don't know what i'm doing wrong but the AI in lemans has at least 10 km/h more than me, at.least.

Yeah i made sure my throttle is hitting 100%, i forced the lemans setup, i set gear to lemans config, i have even closed the radiators just to see what happens and no matter what i barely hit 315 km/h. I let the AI drive the car and boom beyond 325 km/h, as soon as i regain control the speed start to drop.

2. williang83

williang83 Registered

Nevermind found the cause of this issue. For those interested basically the default setup sucks and the rear of the car is bottoming out heavily. Simple as that! Either stiffen it up, raise the height by at 1cm or increase packers. I wonder why i do not see any sparks, what settings dictate the spark visibility?

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There are no sparks in rF2. rF1, GTR1, GTR2(all based on rF1) had sparks. For whatever reason, nothing like that exists in rF2.

4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Well done for figuring this out as ride height data doesn't seem to output at the moment on official mods.
    3rd spring packers would be the go to cure (if available on this car I can't recall) as you will keep full suspension range for each corner but prevent bottoming the whole rear end.

williang83 likes this.
  5. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

Ride height data outputs for me on the Oreca (and all the other official stuff as well)....downforce, as well as some other things don't, but ride height data is there.

6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I'll check again (no Motec at present after pc upgrade) but I recall that each corner was available but front and rear disappeared along with down force.

7. Paulus_NL

Paulus_NL Registered

Does the +1 cm height still count or has it bene changed in the meantime by the devs? Or what height value do u use?

8. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

You can define sparks through each track´s TDF file, but I guess it lives on the same limbo as the wind in rF2?

"// Other loose special effects
    [LOOSE]
    Reaction=spark Tex=spark.tga Max=256 Duration=0.6 Scale=(.08,.05,.05) Particle=Plane+Deformable DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha Shader=AlphaChannel+NoShade"

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Except sparks worked in rF1 :p

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There are lots of items that 'worked' in rF1 that no longer function in rF2. Try to plan 2 pitstop windows for the AI. I did that in rF1. Hasn't worked in rF2 that I know of. I'm sure we could dig up lots of items like that. Face it. ISI took a big step forward and found they could not run down and fix all the things that 'used' to work in rF1.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well, yeah. But sparks were disabled mainly because they looked pretty crap. The same sparks would look worse now in comparison to how good everything else now looks, but it's another "is nothing better than a poor implementation?" conundrum.