Latest Roadmap Update - July 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 31, 2020.

1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I really like these cheap tracks too but a track like SPA (for example) is incredible and totally essential in a self-respecting simulation.

Moreover in my opinion it is the next official S397 laser.

Schumi likes this.
  2. Schumi

Schumi Registered

This was discussed not so long ago, but the track was not called. But a short description seems to be enough to be sure that the Spa is already close.

pkelly likes this.
  3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I would love to see these tracks and others like Hockenhiem, Laguna, Caldwell, Brands, Phillip Island Mangy Cours and so on, but because of the detail S397 go into and the laser scanning, real road (I think this why they take so long to load because the point cloud and poly count must be massive) I guess they take alot longer to do, and then there's the license. Tracks like these though would most likely cost you (not that I'm not happy to buy them). So let's not forget that the tracks you've mentioned where given to us for free! So I for one am very happy with them, not only that I thuroughly enjoy the flow of Portland & the technicality of Loch Drummond.
    RF2 has a few issues and problems but for the stuff that's bang on, I've often thought that I'd rather have one car and track in RFACTOR2 than 10 in a lesser sim, any day! I
    see someone posted that Spa might not be far off though so if that's true, bloody brilliant!

4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I nearly forgot, we also got Zadvoort for free, and then later on were given the new 2020 version for free which I don't think is in any other sim (I could be wrong). Plus the updated version of Silverstone. All these free tracks are great! Yes they've had the odd problem like the invisible bump at Zandvoort, but it got sorted out quickly enough, there's one I've just been made aware of via someone else's post at Farm corner on the Silverstone circuit so I'm hoping the same will happen with that. Do agree with you about more famous tracks btw, I mean yes please, bit these free ones I really can't complain about. Here's to what the future brings!

5. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Registered

People like you are the perfect reason why rf2 lobby is always empty. It's the community that should demand cars and tracks for longterm driving fun but instead nothing. Okay, be happy with your AI offline racing, maybe next year we see 24H of Botniaring, Loch Ness b* or maybe at Mills Metropark? :D
    Men, why does nobody support me - what's wrong here ... I know, it's only me that want popular tracks. Bye.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's no point cloud in the tracks you download. There's a reasonable number of polys across the track, but not crazy either. The realroad data is also not very big. I don't know if it's something about the way the engine works that everything that gets loaded has to be organised in a way that makes loading comparatively slow, or other games design the UI in a way that makes the loading seem faster (select the track first, say, and start loading from it while the user selects cars - and keep stuff cached for a reload, something rF2 definitely doesn't do). But it's not about complexity.

There's a lot of reasons there aren't many (not any) players online in rF2, but it's not people like t0p5ecret.

For tracks I think the licensed cars need a fair complement of tracks they really race on. Many rF2 players don't use those licensed cars though, and even fantasy tracks can provide good racing despite lacking the history you get with real tracks - though it has to be said too, some of those real tracks are shadows of their historical versions so the grandeur is a little diminished.

7. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I can't imagine :rolleyes:

8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I've raced with top5ecret quite a few times online, him and the boys are on most mornings infact! So he's as much an online racer as he is offline, and a bloody nice bloke to boot. Not only that you're not reading the posts mate, you have already been agreed with about tracks, of course you want more famous tracks, I think we all do, but their ain't nothing wrong with the free ones either. As for people not supporting you here's a tip, it's not always what you say it's the way you say it. See that aggression slider in the game? You've got one to! Try just turning it down a few notches and you'll probably find folks are more receptive.

10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I love the tracks for small cars up to GT3/Tatuus.

Example, the excellent Atlanta Motorsport Park, Lock Drumond, etcetera.

Sorry I don't have any others in mind for the moment, but the kind of tracks where there are a lot of turns over a contained distance, with elevation, if possible beautiful and graphically successful, and the icing on the cake it is when they are either laserscanned or bumpy enough for the sensations of the steering wheel.

In a completely different style, the Norschleife, the Nurburgring Combined track in particular, is totally amazing in absolutely EVERY way.

11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Nothing ? Long term driving, you mean only popular tracks can be enjoyed for long term ? I don't agree with that. In fact less popular tracks might not have attraction as much, but could be surprise and discovery which will lead to long long term. Furthermore, why haven't you mention Sebring, Le mans, Nordschleife and highly anticipated SPA, that is probably coming, or something similar. Why don't you include available nice clean mods and 3rd party content like Monza, Hockenheim and Bathurst ? I know why....

It is clear that the only stuff you value is stuff that has shining name, a shining badge. You couldn't see greatness of anything till it gets popular, till the name recognition is very high. Can't argue that popular content is needed, absolutely yes, but the way you put that anything that isn't popular has counter effect on the popularity of a sim is....... Many people of rF2 and other sims likes unknown or less known, or even fictional nice tracks, thats because they aren't boring guys and has taste, while there are bunch of super famous tracks available as well, seems to me like its a win to everyone.

Good track is a good track. Popular track is popular track. Some tracks are both, some tracks are neither. It is just common sense, it is just logic. I hope we all will have toys we like, everyone will be able to enjoy his favorite things, but please don't be greedy bastard and don't reduce things that others likes, especially when it is not so popular. What you do here is basically suggesting that those who has less, has too much, as it is obvious that lesser popular content is and will always be low priority for developers, and I am happy when something else happens, and it doesn't happen very often. Maybe thats why you didn't get much of support, because what you stand for just is not nice and is wrong, not that they don't want more latest GT3 cars and more latest laserscanned tracks that were scanned yesterday.

P.S. Speaking of fame. Philosophy moment here, sorry. I believe there is some sweet spot of being popular. When it is perfectly sustainable, and easy to keep the original essence, getting all the right support. I guess it can be hard to be very popular, it can flip some stuff, not necessarily for the better. A good example here is this guy, Jan Strange, I wouldn't be surprised to read such thoughts in GTS forum.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Remco Majoor and Emery like this.
  12. sg333

sg333 Registered

If S397 are pushing rF2 heavily as an endurance sim, then Spa at least makes sense. It works out well with GT3 and LeMans cars as you have the 24/25 hour GT races, ELMS & WEC who all use the track. So while I don't care for the track personally, it's consistent at least.

R.Noctua and Schumi like this.
  13. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Talking about my racing interested friends in town (~10 guys) which often came and come to my apartment to race in rf2: Tracks (laser scanned) they ask most are: Nordschleife, Salzburgring, Spa and Zolder. Why? Cause they either already raced there in real life or at least were there often and watched races (most historics). BTW, some of them even built a PC + wheel/pedals + rF2 cause they are impressed of rF2 simulation qualities.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  14. dazzer

dazzer Registered

great roadmap, i just have a doubt.
    It is my idea or in Loch Drummond there seems to be no half day, I tried to vary hours and I feel that the lighting goes from dawn to sunset, I could not configure a sun day on the track.
    it seemed strange since the lighting always made me feel that it was either at dawn or at sunset.

everything else great, the stock car behave very well. :D:D

15. Comante

Comante Registered

Maybe is because the track is quite far to the north emisphere, so you can't expect to put the sun square on the vertical of the track. I've found lightning was good enough so didn't care to pay attention to the clock. I'll do next time

16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

They say in Scotland, if you don't like the weather, hang around for five minutes;)

McKiernan likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm beginning to think 'they' say that in about half the world o_O

18. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I understand, I felt the lighting was a little low, but it was still a great road map. :D
    Can i order toban now?. :oops:
    Obviously Toban has to have a good story just like Loch Drummond. :cool:

pkelly and Rui Santos like this.
  19. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Bruv, Spa and the Nordschleife are the only two tracks on the planet, what is this Matsusaka of which you speak? :p

20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

A really beefy one.
    Sliced_Matsusaka_wagyu_beef.jpg

dazzer likes this.