[REL] iDT Champcar World Series 2007-2008 - Panoz DP-01 - Conversion

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Chris Lesperance, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

That goes back a ways. I still had the iDT rF1 mod installed when I was looking at the files for the Panoz.
    Too bad rF2 doesn't support the muli pages for the display on that wheel.

Corti likes this.
  2. Chris Lesperance

This will probably be the final update. I might do a few more skins in the future, but my attention is going in a different direction at the moment. Icons might come if a tool is released. But I've taken it as far as I can do. Hopefully every one enjoys it!

Panoz DP01 0.97 - 7-26-2020
    - Model updates - Thank you @Bernd for all of your assistance, patience and expertise!
    - WCCARBODY texture updated with Suspension and Underbody textures added
    - Mirror display redone. Blank Outside view. Remapped and high resolution for inside view
    - Fixed a bug with the collision.gmt
    - Renamed a few .dds files for the "Panoz_DP01_" prefix
    - Skins Redone from scratch (Newman-Haas and Team Australia)

20200627000545_1.jpg

Eric Rowland, svictor, Hazi and 11 others like this.
  3. atomed

atomed Member

Thank you Chris and everyone else involved in this project, you did a great job.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

did you include the on-board starter that could cold start the car, but not when it was at racing temp? :)

5. lstinziano

lstinziano Registered

Great job ! Thanks for this amazing mod, Chris.
    Does anyone have a base setup ? I'm using the default and moving around downforce and gearing as needed.

6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

You are welcome. :)

7. lstinziano

lstinziano Registered

I'm having this issuue, that the cars that are supposed to have white rims, only have them on the right side wheels and not on the left side wheels. Does the texture have to be renamed ?

365960_20200803202611_1.png 365960_20200803202615_1.png

Corti likes this.
  8. Chris Lesperance

It *might* be a PBR thing. What happens when you drive so that the wheels are in the sun? It's possible I got some GMTs mixed up.

FYI, I could use a good default setup, if some one does have one. I would like to replace what is currently there, but I'm not a good setup person.

9. sg333

sg333 Registered

Even with maximum downforce, heavy realroad, car on the floor, min pressures, I lose the back end very very easily no matter what suspension settings I use. It seems to happen more at medium and high speeds than slow speed. It's akin to driving in the wet on slicks. The back just comes around when the car should be planted with such extreme setups. I have tried every adjustment I can think of but nothing seems to help the back end. Maybe there's something I am missing in the current default but I cannot cure this.

10. Chris Lesperance

Try raising your ride height or lowering downforce. Sounds like you are bottoming out. I know the game is not very intuitive for showing that.

11. sg333

sg333 Registered

Ride height it was, thank you :) I'm so used to dropping cars straight to the floor it normally has minimum negative effects.

BTW the above post with the wheel rims changing color, I see the same thing. Watching some AI cars at Portland the wheels change from black to white while driving.

12. Chris Lesperance

Ok so it isn't something with the textures. It is a IBL shader thing. I do have the IBL on the rims. I believe i copied the settings and json from the Tatuus. I do not believe I know how to fix that. I'll be a while before I'll be able to look into it

13. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Hm, the Champcar at Watkins Glen is a jump car. Did a race with the AI today and noticed some tire sinking and jumping after turn 3 and at the beginning of the back straight. Seems that this affect only the AI cars.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Chris Lesperance

Manfredk2 likes this.
  15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I use the same version as you from the Steam Workshop.

16. David Short

David Short Registered

Hi Chris

Thanks for all your hard work and the others that helped you with this great job!!! Big fan of the late 90's Cart series use to go to the Toronto Indy every year up to 2003. So always looking for good Indy car mods but unfortunately the CART Extreme mod is unusable in its current state and all the other ones I've tried have me returning quickly to ASR formula mods or MP4/8 and 13 etc.

Looking through my car list last night I clicked on Panoz thinking it was a car from the Reiza bundle (new ui so no pic) and was surprised to see a Champ car in the Hanger showroom(must have downloaded with a bunch of other mods but didn't try it). Short story long took it for a race at Portland, Laguna and then the new Road America. It was awesome and just the feeling I was looking for in a Indy mod and the AI was great, set from 100 to 107 gave me some of the best wheel to wheel races I've had.

I just wanted to ask if its possible for you to make the mirrors adjustable because even if I had Marty Feldman eyes I can't see behind me currently? I drive in VR and don't like to use the virtual mirrors if possible.(or are they adjustable and I'm missing something)

Thanks again for a great mod and all your efforts, maybe you can breathe some of that magic into CART Extreme you would be a lot of peoples hero.

Cheers

Hazi likes this.
  17. Chris Lesperance

Thanks for the compliment. I thought I had made the mirrors adjustable. Let me reverify.

I've been trying to find my mojo for modding lately. Starting a lot of personal conversions and projects but then stopping due to lack of motivation after a few hours. I'm not sure when I'll get past that hump.

Looking at the CART Series. Seeing the iDT 94-95 mod would be great. It was one of the things I started, but just ended up being a bit too much for me to handle with my knowledge. The 3d modeling changes needed to make an rF1 model to work within rF2 is just too tedious and motivation killing for me to work on. The CART Extreme mod, would be slightly better as physics are essentially done with the initial conversion. It's been ages since the last time I drove it to know if they are still good or if it needs updating to the latest S397 standards. Graphically, I think redoing the conversion from the AMS build would be in order. The latest version of that as the base conversion would be well worth the effort IMO. I would love to see some one more talented than me pick it up :)

18. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Got the same at Road America 2109 (newest version) and allready reported at Monza (1.96 version).

19. Chris Lesperance

I think I over wrote a collision.gmt with an older version. The older version is just below the axis pane from what I'm seeing now. I will try and get that updated over the next day or two.

pkelly and Hazi like this.
  20. David Short

David Short Registered

Thanks for getting back to me Chris and "looking into the mirrors"(sorry bad pun)! A graphical update and optimization pass of the 98 CART mod would be a much needed and great start and would maybe get others in this talented community interested in bringing this great era of racing up to current standards.

Hope you get your mojo back!! I'm in the same boat a lot of my artwork and music projects are in half finished states. Maybe I'm just getting old and lazy. I wish I knew the first thing about modding perhaps will start to look into it and then quit half way through:D.

Just seems a pity(at least to me love those cars and liveries)that Cart factor is sitting there neglected just needing some TLC same with the Long Beach Track. Anyway thanks to your mod at least I can have some Champ Car fun.

Cheers