How to send a pdf in a mod

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by trollray, Aug 2, 2020.

1. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi, i'm in the last stetps of a mod compilation.
    The fact is that i would like to implement a manual in pdf for the users.
    So, when they download the mod from the workshop, the pdf will be also included as a file.
    I don't want to use it in a mas file to extract because i think a lot of players wont read it or find the way to extract it.
    I prefer to make them search in their folders and find this pdf file let say for example in : ..steamapps\common\rfactor2\support or any folder inside the game.
    Thanks for your suggestions ;)
    Cheers

2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

When you upload your mod to the steam workshop, simply put the .pdf in the folder you put your rfcmp. This should work

3. trollray

trollray Registered

If it's working like this, that's cool.
    That's the first time i will publish some stuff.
    I've read that you can't erase a workshop item when published. I'm a bit affraid of making it false and not been able to cha,ge it afterward.

This mod is already composed by multiple rcfmp files put in a folder dev\workshop\name of my mod\content.
    So i can put the pdf directly in the same content folder then i use the steamcmd?
    Thanks again for the help
    Cheers

4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

It is possible to delete the whole workshop via your steam UI if you are not satisfied with it. You can also modify the content of the workshop just by deleting some rfcmp files from your contetnt folder and reuploading your workshop. It will automatically upload the files to the existing workshop. You can also set 4 different visibilities: not published, only steam friedns, hidden and visibal for all.

Yes just put the pdf in the content folder

trollray likes this.
  5. trollray

trollray Registered

Thanks alot,
    You made my day