Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Connor

Connor Registered

Best Wish's to Brian.
    Well done El Pollo Diablo on the win. Sorry Lazza Knew you where close but not that close and didn't see yea :oops::oops: had to check up as room was gonna get tight with the Devils Chicken and he came all that way from "Monkey Island" :D Sorry For Ironknuckles also as we where having a hell of a ding dong battle was like I had a Little Terrier snapping at me heals .. them Tyre stacks where nasty solid had hit them in practice added to that nasty last two corners if yea went off ether side Moocho Ouchy.
    2nd on Grid
    Slow slow start o_O:eek::confused: Lucky not to spin on the outside in the grass at turn 1 never mind hold on to 4th (4th how the hell did that happen LOL) so it goes then IronK messed his braking up the hill so 3rd spot then couple laps Lazza left the door open 2nd. Back to 3rd as Lazza passed inside top of the hill while me left side sniffed the Daisies :rolleyes: then a lap or 2 & Lazza missed his line into the hilltop chicane so 2nd IronKnuckles follows in 3rd Lazza 4th and so the chase would go for a while till IronK outside down the hill and off into the concrete tires at the 2nd last corner Lazza closes up and the chase carries on & we've caught up with El Pollo Diablo and only a few to go. Good drive outta 2 corner but check up have a look see in the 3rd corner sniffing for an opening couple looks here & there check up heading for the hill ' BUMP '!!! Lazza was on me heals & rear to front connect :( .. please don't spin, please don't spin, please don't spin.. all the way bouncing trough the Grass up hill .. Holy Sheep Shit !! I didn't spin .. all in all it was a great race .. NO Connection Issues after the last two weekends Ouch ! It was nice to be in a race ;):) Cheers Again to Brain & Nonamenow for Hosting and Everyone for turning up & making it a GRID & Lazza & Ironknuckles for the close great racing and the couple pounds I lost in sweat LOL . El Pollo Diablo I hear KFC & Nando's will name a dish after yea :rolleyes::p:D Well Done

nonamenow and IronKnuckle124 like this.
  2. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Hoping the best for Bryan. Glad to see Mike's new creation in the rotation.

nonamenow likes this.
  3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Fun racing again today, good wheel to wheel, unfortunately one too many for me just as I was hoping to capitalise on keeping my tyres relatively fresh as I ended up backwards out on the grass, but made a couple of spots back up before the end and it was all good fun.

Gnoo Blas has a couple of tricky kinks over crests to check out but only a handful of corners. Sort out 5th gear and you're set. Should be a bit of a draft fest.

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yep, that right hander is a doozy. I may as well paint that tree on my car. I mean it ends up on there every lap anyway. :D

jimagn likes this.
  5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok guys, I'm trying to find a good time slot for an extra event. I may have to look at Sundays as a lot of peeps work on Saturday nowadays. I'm guessing that 6:00pm UTC is probably a bit early for families (meal time etc). We need to try and cover as much of the globe as possible with two events. Of course with a second race we can probably shift the one we have now to a bit later.
    Would appreciate as much feedback as possible thanks. Also do we need a poll maybe?

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Not sure this is the best combo. F3 is a bit of a sedate ride around here. Anyone up for the F1/F2 instead? I know it's been a long time since we took the F1's around anywhere. Eve and Spark that is.

7. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Eve and Spark F1? Sure. Eve and Spark F2? Why not. Or really get in the spirit of 1953 and try the 1954 Endurance mod.

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I've got an F1 Test server up atm (just my LAN). Much wilder ride. I'll have a try of the '54 offline and get back to ya.
    Lol, I finally managed two consecutive timed laps in the F1. Daren't take my eyes off the track to check anything. And definitely no beer intake.:D

9. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Ok guys, better call this early so people have time to get plenty of laps in. Changing this week to the F1 as it's more suited here I think.
    Server will be back in 10min.

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

We will run the '54 mod soon. Was thinking Goodwood would be the perfect place.

Connor, dylbie and jimagn like this.
  11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well if ever there was an event where the race brain must be switched on this is it. I've picked a lap time that will give me a good chance of finishing on the right side of the fence. Fair bit slower than my PB, but I really want to finish.

12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Server set to "Private Qualifying" for today. Obvious reasons. ;)

13. Connor

Connor Registered

What a joke 1 lap bang over the fence race over .. Why do tracks have NO WAY BACK ?? Not just this one but parts of Classic Spa & Monza .. It makes No Sense.

Sorry IronKnuckle on that 1st lap.

14. IronKnuckle124

IronKnuckle124 Registered

No problem. Had to retire because of that as well lol.

15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Well, I had an awesome race. Levels of concentration I didn't think my old brain was still capable of. Funny, I was never close enough to anyone to race but the best podium in a while. Slow and steady...:D

16. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

This week we are in the F3's @ Loch Drummond Long. A bit less adrenaline. :)

**EDIT**
    Open qualification this week guys.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    jimagn likes this.
  17. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So Bryan popped into TS yesterday so that takes a worry off. He has been in hospital a couple of times but is ok now.:)

Connor, jimagn, Lazza and 1 other person like this.
  18. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Thanks for the update. ;)

nonamenow likes this.
  19. Connor

Connor Registered

Great Ta Hear Best Wish's Brian we'll see yea on track or we'll meet in a simulated pile by the side of the road again soon ;)

20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hey guys, server will be down for a couple of hours. Will post when back up.