SOLVED G27 Force Feedback Issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Max Dralle, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Hi all.

It's been quite a while since the last time I spent some quality time in rF2, so yesterday I finally took my first rounds on S397s Nordschleife, but apparently I seem to have lost part of force feedback on my G27.

All I can feel right now is the grip on the road, ie. I cannot feel any bumps, curbs or the like, but I clearly feel the effect of over-/understeer or self centering of the wheel, especially when drifting and/or recovering from an involuntary drift.

Considering, my personalized G27 profile was already a few years old, I loaded the provided preset and reassigned a few buttons, but that didn't change force feedback behaviour at all.

Then I tried to lower "filtering" in a few steps down to 0 and even raised the car specific FFB multiplier - still no dice.

Anybody got a clue what went wrong or what I'm missing?
    Or is the Nordschleife's FFB broken ?

TIA!
    Max

#########################################
    Solution:
    #########################################

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sounds like something is wrong in your G27 config. I doubt it's anything in the game, especially when you've loaded the preset, as you can't select 'which' FFB to get. Make sure you don't put FFB Mult too high (I'd keep it around 0.8 or lower to keep feel).

Are your profiler settings normal? Haven't accidentally put in wheel centering or turned down the normal feedback?

Max Dralle likes this.
  3. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Except for slightly raised intensity, nothing unusual, I guess.

FFB.jpg

4. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

My issue got resolved by deleting the old player profile and letting it setup a new one.

Now it's all rumbling again... :D

Thanks for hinting a config might be root of this, Lazza!