Daytona Road new chicane, do you like it?

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by atomed, Jul 31, 2020.

1. atomed

atomed Member

I like the idea a lot, it adds lots of new possibilities, much like Charlotte´s last chicane.

Jump to 3:45 for the new chicane.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Not a fan at all...

Adds a chicane right before the pit road, drafting becomes less significant, throwing the anchor once again after the bus stop, flow gets disturbed and increases danger of accidents while lapping cars (especially when pitting cars need to slow down and change the line).

Worst thing, since NASCAR introduced stage racing and higher aero downforce packages for their stock car racing.

Pretty much ruined, IMO. Also Charlotte is not, what i would call a blueprint for roval-courses, tbh.

atomed likes this.
  3. atomed

atomed Member

Yeah, the pitlane entry could be a pretty dangerous place now.

davehenrie and CrimsonEminence like this.
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

The chicane is forced in at the only possible place, that wouldn't destroy the whole layout and line totally, of course it's right next to the pit road :D. They should've left it, like it was. But maybe i'm wrong, maybe it will improve races, but right now, i'm full of doubt... ^^'

davehenrie and atomed like this.
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Hmm not sure i like that, the main challenge on this track is the braking into T1 from the immense speed you build up during the banking run in, coming off this chicane into T1 will mean a lot less speed and potentially an easier T1.

Proof in the pudding though of course.

CrimsonEminence and atomed like this.
  6. atomed

atomed Member

The reason I feel it may work is because at that point if you haven´t overtaken the chances of doing it at T1 are the same, so you add interest to that place. As you say, we´ll have to wait to see how it goes.