Portland, pattern to be followed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Delzimar, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

In the last few weeks he has been enjoying the splendid work done on the Portland track and my intention is that this message will reach the RF2 developers. Please recreate all tracks following the Portland pattern !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buzz hornet likes this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

What is the pattern ?

3. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

Hello,

I think you should use "standard"

4. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

What do you mean with the Portland Pattern? do you have an example maybe?

5. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

Okay, I think there was a lack of information in this post. I refer to graphics, track textures, lighting. I really found Portland sencational. I have almost all the contents of RF2 and I found this track one of the most beautiful.

Filip likes this.
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think he's referring to the new Shaders and graphical advancements with Portland, requesting that other tracks get updated to the same standards (read; Pattern).

That is of course happening anyway, just not sure how much of the older track content will get updated though only S397 know that much.

McKiernan and atomed like this.
  7. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

[​IMG]
    Another suggestion is to improve the appearance of the clouds, of the SIMs the worst is that of RF2.

8. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

That would be rather difficult for Arizona tracks. Yes we have clouds, but with bold colors in the early morning and late evening.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Portland was left open so that track modders can see all the shader and lighting changes that have been made. Indeed, any trackmaker, if he has the time and inclination, can go back and use Portland as a roadmap for updating any previous track they may have made on. We also have seen Silverstone and Le Mans receive this treatment. I think eventually many of the S397 tracks will meet Portland's standards. I just hope the run a few optimizing passes at it soon. It does bog down.

atomed likes this.
  10. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

I really hope more tracks like Portland, Silverstone and Le Mans will come. One of the things that gets in the way of RF2 is the low quality of content provided by Moders.

11. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

Okay, but in general Studio 397, you should pay more attention to these details.

12. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I'm glad S397 is constantly increasing graphics quality for rF2. Just remember back before S397, we were driving still on DX9 and low graphics quality. When S397 took over first we got was DX11 (+post processing) and shortly after VR support. Then constantly improving shaders for cars and tracks and even track physics (we got laser scanned tracks). Like Sebring, Le Mans, Nordschleife + Nürburgring and Monaco. Free Portland seems to be on latest shaders now and other tracks will follow. Just give them some time. BTW, we got graphics update for Silverstone and Le Mans - and Nürburgring was updated too lately, correcting most asked performance problems ...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    pkelly, Alex72 and ThomasJohansen like this.
  13. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

I agree that there have been many improvements, but there are so many others to consider. The new interface is still in beta, after almost two years. Perhaps they should encourage studios, example URD to work together to streamline the track update process

14. vittorio

vittorio Registered

It is not uncommon for a UI to be in development for two years. Just ask how long it took to develop the new UI for iRacing.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

;) How long have we been waiting for the URD PX LMP1 project to be completed? :)

Emery likes this.
  16. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

This delay ends up alienating the community and is not what we want, because RF2 is one of the SIMs that has a lot of potential for improvement

17. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

The interface was just an example, but the excellent content like Portland, Le Mans, etc. We have very little in RF2

18. rd.king

rd.king Registered

Portland pattern
    You mean call in some federal troops to teargas, pepper spray, and beat up
    some programmers to get their projects done.

Emery likes this.
  19. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Barely any time has passed since the public update of rF2 graphical capabilities, and there alreay are tracks that are fully or close to being fully up to date: LM, Portland, Silverstone, Azure, few FE tracks... it will not take that much time till all of the S397 content and tracks that they will use in their events will have this treatment, they also work on some new track.... As for less relevant content for S397... I doubt it will get updates, I would love but I doubt...

I would love other tracks to get up to date like: Brianza, Bathurst, Matsusaka, Atlanta MP, Reiza tracks (although they still stands really strong even against updated tech content), Hampton Downs, Highlands, Belgium 66, Longford, Lime Rock Park, Mills, Monte Carlo 1966, Mores, even Nola is actually kool to use, Teretonga (love it for low-mid power cars)...

A lot of track, I guess it would be awesome if more than five from those will ever get official update by S397. Best example was Silverstone, IMO, I had no interest in that track before, now I go there often. Great way to increase value of rF2.

Eventually some moders will probably update their tracks too, of which there are some that are exceptionally awesome: conversions of LilSki work, Croft, Barber 2020, Le Grand Circuit, Miseluk, Oulton, Paul Ricard, RR Montreal and Monza, Sachsenring, Sydney Motorsport Park, Mosport, Thruxton... just to name a few..

Emery and nonamenow like this.
  20. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

It would be wonderful if that happened. I wouldn't mind paying for good quality content made by moders,