Trying to get pitofficial_001 animation working

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Mike Cantwell, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Hi everyone,

I am stuck trying to get the animations working.
    The pit exit guy is in game....and is doing a great impersonation of a Scare Crow.

The animations folder is in the SCN file and correct. I have the game loading without errors.

I have never had these in before so I have no idea how to get them working. I am using 3D Max 2012 so I am guessing there is a missing link some where.

Can someone please explain the workflow to get these little guys working? Thanks in advance.

scare_crow.jpg

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

PitOfficial_001 and greater only use the idle animation, 000 is the one that uses the exit animations

Gilles Benoit and Mike Cantwell like this.
  3. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

Mmmm....still having trouble. Can not get it to work. Is there a particular setting in Max when I export?

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

@Mike Cantwell Where is the pit exit guy coming from?
    If you have modeled an own one, you also have to animate it in 3dsmax and export it with the new animation, that also has to be used in game.
    If you have imported an existing one, you also have to do that, because when you import it, the animation physics informations get losts, i guess.

5. Mike Cantwell

Mike Cantwell Registered

The object is from Nola in the Dev mod. I was hoping to export to the game and use it. If each one needs to be animated again, I will pass on that and just use the RF1 flags. I wish ISI / Studio397 had example files and documentation on these things. Modding is an area where they have been very lazy in helping people who have trouble understanding the details.

I wonder if 3D Sim Ed can do the job?

6. senormen

senormen Registered

will do it perfectly ;)

7. Corti

Corti Registered

check that the model and animation come from the same source. Sometimes different models use the same animation but it does not correspond and can lead to errors. Model Nola...Nola anim. ;)

Mike Cantwell likes this.
  8. Bernd

Bernd Registered

As it is already said above, yes it can. ;)
    You just have to set the pivot point of the animated mesh to 0,0,0 before you export it from 3dsimed, when you have positioned it differently on your track.

Gilles Benoit likes this.