rFactor goes BANG when AI pit and player takes over

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Seven Smiles, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Scenario: Race session with the 488 GTE at Portland. AI drives the car into the pits. When it's stationary I press the A key to take control. It counts down 3,2,1 then BANG:

Sometimes the BANG is extremely violent!
    [​IMG]

I have repeated this with different tracks and cars and also it also happened when we tested on someone else's PC. It's not an important scenario but
    • it may be a sign of something very wrong in the code
    • I've wasted an hour thinking it was caused by the app I'm working on :mad:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    The Iron Wolf likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Does the AI come in when you press the pit key? I thought they ignored that....time for testing....again....
    If I send the AI out with just a few laps of fuel, will he pit or run til he's out?

3. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

It's a bit hit and miss but most of the time the AI comes in when the fuel is low. It has parked the car a few times but I think that might have been something to do with a safety car.

4. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I've seen exactly this. You have to leave the pit lane yourself, then let the AI take over. Not ideal!

5. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

That's AWESOME, can I make it so my competitors have this glitch (mod lol) but not me? There might be a competition in how high you can get your Ferrari (it would be a good spectator sport). :D