Mirrows and SimHub

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by tr22, Jul 17, 2020.

1. tr22

tr22 Registered

Hello ,
    I am (unfortunately) one of those who likes to race with the bonnet view. But with rF2 there is also a very good onboard view as I have now determined. Unfortunately, the virtual mirrors cannot be activated, at least that's how I found it. Does anyone of you know if there is a way to activate the mirrors in onboard views?

And another question. When I activate the car radar via SimHub, the fps crashes massively (about 30 fps). It cannot be due to my system (i7 4790K, RTX 2080ti, 16 GB Ram). Can someone help me there?

I thank you for any information you can give me.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

3 key is the default. Press repeatedly til you get the mirrors you want. Virtual mirrors always show up in the cockpit view, are you using a nose cam or some other exterior view?

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sounds like rF2 is losing focus when you activate simhub, which will limit it to that rate.

If you can't find a way to stop it losing focus, you could try changing this line in your player.JSON:

"Inactive Sleep Time":25,

to -1:

"Inactive Sleep Time":-1,

4. tr22

tr22 Registered

Hi ,
    Thank you for your answers . The camera position for me is one of the onboard cameras (not the normal hood view), but I accidentally found the right line in the json file, the mirrors are now active.

@Lazza: I will try it as soon as I have time to see if your suggestion leads to success, would be great.

5. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Why is that unfortunate? The wider field of view is more representative of what you see from the drivers seat without use of multiple monitors or head/eye tracking. What is best for you is best.