Full Course Yellows AI fix, on the roadmap?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marvelharvey, Feb 4, 2018.

1. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I agree it was around the Stockcar release. I think they tried to improve things and putting rules in to a plugin. The problem is ISI started it and s397 then took over before it was finished. The problems with the AI you can see in online racing by how the game tells you to do things that are not correct. If the AI are confused in the game, think how us Humans are confused when the game is telling us to do things that are wrong and we do not want to listen, then it breaks a race for the evening. Very frustrating for everyone. I have faith that they will get it right! I just challenge them to get it right soon. A lot of feedback has been passed along and hopefully it helps them out.

atomed likes this.
  2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Daaaamn. This fixed it for me too! You've made me a happy man tonight!

Please, everyone, update that line in your player.json file!

atomed and rubennaatje like this.
  3. Mike Tobin

Mike Tobin Registered

So Should this be true or false?

4. Shadak

Shadak Registered

It should be true, I have just tested this change and AI lines up behind the pace car nicely, this is so amazing! :)

5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

So s397 couldn't of done this ?

6. Ariff

Ariff Registered

So this problem was still here since 2018? ouch...
    I'll give this a try, thanks for the bump.

7. Shadak

Shadak Registered

I've not tested this while being on the track though .. not sure what AI will do when you are among them in the safety car train :)

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes same "ouch" with me! Never knew this option was in the player.json at all, I'll give it try at some point.

Edit: not sure if this was brought in specifically for Oval Racing or not, either way deserves a test on Road course.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ok I've just tested with 'AI Formation false & true' and I see no difference on a Road Course, in fact with it on false (default) I don't see any major issues with the AI and FCY as it is. Apart from their speed being a bit sporadic and moving about the track they all line up and the race goes back to Green fairly quickly, that's with both a same class field and multi class with a lapped field.

If anyone is having any specific issues with AI & FCY please give me as much information as possible so I can try and reproduce (preferably with Official S397 Content not 3rd party); The Track, the Car/s, the AI Strength/Aggression, your Race Settings etc and attach your player.json (or say if you used a Fresh/Default one).

I'll report what I've found with the above and will from now on race with Full Flags when racing the AI, thanks all. :)

atomed likes this.
  10. Shadak

Shadak Registered

I havent seen FCY on many tracks but every time I have seen it, when it was set to default formation, AI just dragged on for number of laps before they even starte catching up to safety car, like going really slow when they were half a lap behind it, then speeding up for 2 seconds then going slow again. This was on modded tracks I admit, but switching this in the file made it suddenly work as expected :)