Post your RF2 car skins here.

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by DJCruicky, Sep 5, 2012.

1. muzikant

muzikant Registered

thanks bears for your help. but the point is that I do see my skins in the showroom. but if i do an offline race .. then the skins will not be on the track (ai skins) that i made too ?? they are then white in color.

2. bears

bears Registered

Hi this is a post i did a while ago I tried to explain the three and the pros and cons
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index....f2-car-skins-here.33862/page-157#post-1021118

3. bears

bears Registered

Sorry I missed your point then I would create a standard alt skin via the ui and see if that shows for the AI thats step one if it does then you need to work out whats different from that one to yours if i get a chance later I might download one of yours and have a look...

4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Thanks buddy, but my point was that i know nothing about skins and i dont know the differences between the 3(?) ways they are created/installed. Im not making skins or trying to make them. Im just wondering about the differences and why some people make skins as a MAS file (easy to drop into the car folder) and some make skins with many more files and folder(s), and i think there is a third way to make a skin as well. In the beginning i couldnt get any skins to work in rF2 because i was used to the old AC system of just dropping the skin into the cars skin folder. Eventually i got MAS skins to work in rF2 because they were easy to just drop in to the car folder. However if the car is updated then the MAS skin wont work until you put it into the new updated car folder. I think the skins you make you say to unpack them into player/setting folder and then ive heard of another skin type that you install from the package page in the launcher. I just didnt understand the differences between MAS skins, unpack into player/settings skins and install from packages/launcher skins, and i wanted to learn. :)

5. bears

bears Registered

No worries... as I outlined in my post there are three ways that i know of which is very unfortunate for RF2...
    I do my skins i release as the virtual ride way so people who download can do what they want with them. I personally use MAS for my own personal stuff mainly because you can access the veh file class category etc. The package way for me is reserved for car packs as there is an overhead on these to maintain after release assuming 397 make changes to the cars which they have quiet often :)
    Unfortunately it is a little more complex than it needs to be...

6. muzikant

muzikant Registered

I do not understand it, I have now tried just about everything that is within my possibilities. Why does it have to be so difficult in Rfactor2 to get a carskin in game, If you want to watch it Mr. Bears I would really appreciate that!

bears likes this.
  7. muzikant

muzikant Registered

PROBLEM IS SOLVED. But thanks Bear!!!!

atomed and bears like this.
  8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

And how? What way did you follow? TiA

9. muzikant

muzikant Registered

I doing a wrong create skin travel...:mad:;) But yah.. Rfactor 2 sometimes it hurts a lot

10. muzikant

muzikant Registered

11. muzikant

muzikant Registered

12. Florian Boswell

Florian Boswell Registered

Haven't had much reference images on that one unfortunately. Not fully done yet though.

[​IMG]

13. muzikant

muzikant Registered

14. muzikant

muzikant Registered

15. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Does anyone know if there are other ways to package my skins. I was told by someone on racing department that the skins are not working properly. don't know exactly how to fix this so any help is welcome. this is the video of him

.... some skins have the decals on the windows of the car. The skins work well for me on my pc...

is there anything i could do better .. or should i put all skins in a mass file? others suggestions? Many thanks, stay safe

16. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I had the same problem with one of your skins as well, the decals on the windows. I cured it by completely closing the game and then deleting the mass file in the skin folder and designating the skin as a dds file in the rcd file. Restart the game and it should be OK. The problem seems to occur when you click the reload button in showroom and it creates the mass file. I personally always designate the skin as dds in the rcd file it just seems more reliable this way. The mass file is not actually required for the skin to work provide you designate it as dds in the rcd file. Hope this may be of help.

17. Highlandwalker

I have found what is causing the windows problem, it's the full stop in the folder name and file names. I just removed all the full stops from your skins and now they all work perfectly. Do not use any symbols in skin naming, I think the only symbol that does not cause any problem is the underscore symbol. The reload button in the showroom now works correctly and creates the mass file properly. Just another quirk in RF2.

18. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Manny thanks Highlander... I am not home but I give it tonight a fix. :)

19. muzikant

muzikant Registered

@ Highlander.... Do not use any symbols in skin naming what kind of symbols you mean.. numbers? alt_317.dds ??

20. Highlandwalker

It's the symbol in the skin folder name and drivers name only.