Endurance Pack + Senna and Aston

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EagleRacer22, Jul 14, 2020.

1. EagleRacer22

EagleRacer22 Registered

Hi everyone,
    I already bought the endurance pack, before either the Senna or Aston were even added to the game. Now I see that they have been added to the Endurance Pack, do I need to pay more for these added cars or do they come in an update?

Thanks,
    Peter J

2. Comante

Comante Registered

You have to buy then independently or in the pack, whatever solution cost you less, you buy what is in the pack when you buy it, items added later are excluded.

3. EagleRacer22

EagleRacer22 Registered

But do I have to buy the whole pack again or just the cars I don't have?

4. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

You can do either the too fast pack no longer exists.

The latest update suggests there will be a one time only chance to get the cars you need to complete your collection. Not seen the details yet. So if you need / want them now get the full pack or the individual cars you need whichever is cheaper or wait and see what happens.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I just went to the rF2 Steam Store, which is hard to find btw, the Aston and the Senna were both available to purchase individually. As were all the other cars in any of the past or present bundles.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Once you buy a pack the items in it are independent in the game. There's no functional difference between buying a pack of 5 cars and buying those 5 cars individually - the outcome is the same.

The cheaper option is therefore to only buy those two cars.

Note that the last roadmap mentioned this disappearing-pack issue and hinted at a one-time solution (presumably a chance to "complete" the current packs at a discount, if you own part), don't know when that will happen so if you want to race right now that might not be an option. You'll want to keep an eye out as I expect that won't last long when it happens, and you apparently missed discussion on this during the 2-week summer sale that just ended :D

7. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

I wouldnt bother with Senna and Aston. I did buy the Senna but I found it weird, it's a bit like some F-Zero futuristic hovercraft game. And for GTE Porsche and Ferrari are already really nice so just drive those.

8. EagleRacer22

EagleRacer22 Registered

I was looking to get both for a series I was planning to race in. Seeing as I have to buy them separately though, I'm not sure I can race

9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If you want to race online you need to have all cars in the grid
    That said it makes no sense for leagues to keep using the Senna. If want 3 classes a Porsche Cup with the endurance upgrade makes way more sense than this nearly fantasy car

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Leagues are using it, I would guess, to stand in for the missing LMP1.

11. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

I was only interested in the LMP2, the Porsche GTE I have not tried, but I had to buy the Strongpack because some leagues included the Aston or the Mclaren, or both, and without them: NO RACE.
    Now I guess I will have to buy the Ferrari even if I have no intention of using it. It bothers me a lot to have to buy and store in the HD vehicles that I am not interested in and that I do not think I will use. I think I have enough cars to enjoy, I would prefer more circuits

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

IF you race online vs the Aston or Ferrari, are you not USING them? I know you are not driving them, but you are, if racing in a league, then you are using the cars.

13. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

Until now I have been able to run in leagues where the Ferrari is not yet used, I have the Endurance and Strong packs, but the truth is that I am not interested in the Italian car.

14. lagg

lagg Registered

If i'm driving my car on the road and a Ferrari overtakes me, i'm not using the Ferrari, for sure.

Jeferson Richart likes this.
  15. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Perhaps it just me but if I want to race online with a mate and they are in another DLC car then my options are pay £5 and race online with them whenever I want and enjoy myself. Or go to the pub once with my mate buy them a beer and moan that I couldn’t race online because I had to buy another car. Cost is about the same if I walk to the pub.

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Bet yer EYEballs are, we don't see too many Ferraris 'round here. And occasional Gallarado/Hurracan and some Maserati's(dealship in town) :) My point wasn't the use of the Ferrari so much as the use of the league and racing in general. If racing online is what he wants to do and the price of admission is buying an extra car then USE the Ferrari to race against as an opponent.

17. Maarten Nauta

Maarten Nauta Registered

I guess for 5 euro it all doesn't matter too much but it is a coincidence that Kunos just released DLC that you don't need to own if you want to race against the cars online.

18. lagg

lagg Registered

I understand you, but understand people who complain about this too.

davehenrie likes this.
  19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Nah, a lot of people want this, especially league managers. But some guys just use the most ridiculous excuses when they want to defend the choices made by S397, ignore.

FormelLMS likes this.
  20. Alex96

Alex96 Registered

Each one has his own preferences; In my case, in relation to endurance races, I am only interested in the LMP2 and LMP1, the GTE for me are filler (and that no one is offended), but I need them to run, because Ferrari cup, Porsche, GTE cup, or other combinations with those cars do not interest me. It is not for the money, but to buy not to use ...
    It is as if I bought a mower for the small palm tree that I have on the balcony, I have it, yes, maybe I will use it one of these years ...
    Likewise, if new LMP2 / P1 appear, I will have to buy them, like those who use GTE and are not interested in LMP, they should also buy them.
    Each one will have their opinion and with this I end mine here.